• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update : I got little bit of cough, stomach ache, mom and dad is doing well, grandpa is starting to get a headache/runny nose (he’s 74 and has had 5 strokes in his life with very bad blood pressure, he once got a reading of 252/117 after his stroke)

If you attended the beach or any large gatherings, I feel that you are obligated to let others know that you did so. Just my opinion...
I don’t think the beach is inherently that bad of a place to be. Sure, it can be if you behave stupidly, but it’s pretty easy to follow social distancing guidelines, and beaches are wide open, windy, and sunny...not exactly the place a virus thrives. Now, if you’re hanging around in big crowds and stuff like that, that’s a bit difference, but you don’t have to do that stuff. And I could just as easily crowd places in my own hometown; you don’t need to be at the beach for that.

Nationally, today featured the lowest death count since late March, and the lowest positive test rate so far. And 441k tests, which is either a record high or close to one. Encouraging, though the deaths are likely slow reporting given the holiday weekend, so it’ll be important to watch the counts the next couple days (wouldn’t be surprising to see 1,500ish).

On a local level, North Carolina’s increasing hospitalization rate is concerning and is dashing my hopes of us seeing a Phase 3 reopening anytime soon...

I don’t think the beach is inherently that bad of a place to be. Sure, it can be if you behave stupidly, but it’s pretty easy to follow social distancing guidelines, and beaches are wide open, windy, and sunny...not exactly the place a virus thrives. Now, if you’re hanging around in big crowds and stuff like that, that’s a bit difference, but you don’t have to do that stuff. And I could just as easily crowd places in my own hometown; you don’t need to be at the beach for that.
It's the dadgum places like Frenchy's in Clearwater Beach (or a 1000 other places like that) that are scary ...

It's the dadgum places like Frenchy's in Clearwater Beach (or a 1000 other places like that) that are scary ...

Agreed there. I saw some restaurants on the beach that were pretty busy, which was a bit concerning to me. Myself, I stayed with a friend and we basically did our own thing, so I don’t think it was all that risky (certainly more risky than staying in my apartment all weekend, but I wasn’t going to do that regardless).

Yep, I’ll be down there for a few weeks in July, I’ll guess the CDC guidelines will not be followed by then.

Currently on I-20 headed out of Atlanta! Traffic was heavier this time but it really wasn't as bad as it can be. So, it does look like Corona made "some" difference.

Currently on I-20 headed out of Atlanta! Traffic was heavier this time but it really wasn't as bad as it can be. So, it does look like Corona made "some" difference.

11am the Tuesday after a holiday isn't really prime time traffic. It’s back to normal around here for the rush hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back