• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a bit concerned we’d see a huge spike in deaths reported nationally today after the holiday weekend backlog, but it looks like we’re going to come in relatively low. Over 1,000, but lower than any weekday (besides Mondays) in awhile. I guess I should wait for the final numbers come out in a few minutes, though.

I was a bit concerned we’d see a huge spike in deaths reported nationally today after the holiday weekend backlog, but it looks like we’re going to come in relatively low. Over 1,000, but lower than any weekday (besides Mondays) in awhile. I guess I should wait for the final numbers come out in a few minutes, though.
I'd wait until Thursday ... there is so much "cleaning up" that nothing is even close to certain as far as current numbers go, right now ... hell, our local health official said today he suspects based on testing data that 13,000 --- Yes, 13,000 unreported and undocumented in this County have had it but showed no symptoms ... take that for what it's worth ... one way or another ...

Recent antibody testing for COVID-19 indicates that perhaps more than 13,000 local residents have at some point had the infection even if they never showed symptoms, according to the top officials for the state Department of Health in Alachua County.

Heard (yes heard) immunity????????????

My dad has done real well with this virus, and is still showing almost no symptoms on day 6, except for a little cough, mom is the same way to, I remind them that there is a timeframe around day 5-7 that it can come back in a worse phase but so far my dad has shown no signs of that

Really love how "confirmed" can go down/down ... enough for tonight ... enjoy whatever you're doing ...

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 9.47.36 PM.png

79 new cases in South Korea. This is not good.

It's really not surprising. Mitigation will not stop this, only slow it down. Either you completely shut down your borders, or you lock down every time you get a case until the vaccine is out. Otherwise the virus will have to burn through 10-20% of the population.

I noticed our favorite IHME model updated again and downgraded NC to just 1,400 deaths now, down from 2,400 last week and over 4,000 earlier this month. So, who knows...

I noticed our favorite IHME model updated again and downgraded NC to just 1,400 deaths now, down from 2,400 last week and over 4,000 earlier this month. So, who knows...

Yeah that models credibility goes down with each shift. As many guesses as its thrown out its bound to have been right one of those times.

Last edited:
Saw this elsewhere.

Dr Harvey Risch is Professor of Epidemiology in the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health at the Yale School of Public Health and Yale School of Medicine.

Hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin has been widely misrepresented in both clinical reports and public media, and outpatient trials results are not expected until September. Early outpatient illness is very different than later hospitalized florid disease and the treatments differ. Evidence about use of hydroxychloroquine alone, or of hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin in inpatients, is irrelevant concerning efficacy of the pair in early high-risk outpatient disease. Five studies, including two controlled clinical trials, have demonstrated significant major outpatient treatment efficacy.

These medications need to be widely available and promoted immediately for physicians to prescribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back