• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you want a smorgasbord ...

Wonder if all the cool stratus days is why NC despite being more locked down compared to its neighbors is seeing the numbers still soar. Sure doesn't help when you have temps almost perfect for the virus and no sun.

On this Memorial Day it's worth remembering the US troops who died in the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic during WWI; nearly as many Americans in military service died from the flu as were killed in combat during the entire war. I imagine this was because the Spanish flu was different from our own pandemic in a major aspect: the mortality rate among people in their 20's and 30's was atypically high, with peak mortality at age 28.

At the beach this weekend. It is absolutely slammed with people. Feels like life is back to normal and it’s a great thing. Everyone is happy and enjoying life.

For now...Odds are some of those people contract the virus and die from it in about 2 weeks. Hefty price to pay for a weekend at the beach. No way all these parties and crowded beaches doesn’t cause an uptick in cases (even with increased testing, % positive cases is what you look at and that was increasing heading into Memorial Day weekend)

For now...Odds are some of those people contract the virus and die from it in about 2 weeks. Hefty price to pay for a weekend at the beach. No way all these parties and crowded beaches doesn’t cause an uptick in cases (even with increased testing, % positive cases is what you look at and that was increasing heading into Memorial Day weekend)

Meh its no biggie those people were going to die anyways and its more important to have those beaches open/S

Worse is the people at the beach that get it and take it back to their place of work or homes where people who are higher risk then contract it and die.....

Even with the situation I’m in now, I still wouldn’t mind opening back up things, and a trip to the beach I don’t mind (if my parents didn’t have it) but what gets me is crowding, not following rules, it’s easy to stay away from folks and enjoy your time and relax, but some people just don’t have the thought process to do so

Mom now has a fever of 102.3, way higher than my dad ever had, she has fibromyalgia, doctors are suspecting she has lupus as well, she also has blood pressure issues, however my dad is doing real well and is still basically showing no symptoms, his temperature was 99.1, talk about a unpredictable virus, so far I’m good and I’m bout to set up for some storm pictures at my apt
I wish your mother the best of luck. Please for your safety and to prevent the spread of the virus, stay home until you know that you’re not a carrier by being tested.

I wish your mother the best of luck. Please for your safety and to prevent the spread of the virus, stay home until you know that you’re not a carrier by being tested.

Oh I’m almost 100% sure I have it but I’m asymptomatic right now, just no way I don’t have it given I was around my dad a lot the day before he got symptoms, not that I’m happy with probably having it that but at least I feeling fine right now, only thing that concerns me just a tad bit a few weeks later is MIS-C but I think I’m old enough, and I appreciate it, yeah I’m definitely staying here, i only go outside if there’s a storm or something

Even with the situation I’m in now, I still wouldn’t mind opening back up things, and a trip to the beach I don’t mind (if my parents didn’t have it) but what gets me is crowding, not following rules, it’s easy to stay away from folks and enjoy your time and relax, but some people just don’t have the thought process to do so

lol I was joking with my mom about on a scale of 1-10, how evil are we for heading out of town, but our reality isn't on the beach, it's just been sitting in a family house, with little direct contact with anyone else outside family. We only stopped once on the way too.

More good news “New estimates released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate that COVID-19 may have an infection fatality rate as low as 0.26%, a number that is double the seasonal flu but significantly lower than earlier estimates.”

And this

“Coronavirus patients stop being infectious 11 days after contracting the disease — even if they still test positive for COVID-19 on day 12, according to a new study.

Singaporean infectious disease experts said they found that the virus “could not be isolated or cultured after day 11 of illness,” according to a joint paper from the country’s National Center for Infectious Diseases and the Academy of Medicine.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back