• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he may have meant extending (not expanding) the shelter in place order. There’s a model that came out earlier in the week saying that the earliest NC should start to lift restrictions was May 10th.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I expect it to be extended until at least mid-May, personally. And that’s probably for the best. Then we can start opening things up and see what happens around mid-May, hopefully.

NC extended till May 8th. Cooper wants a downward trend of Symptoms, Cases, and hospitalizations for 14 days before his restrictions lesson. Basically the White House recommendations.

Mandy Cohen showed that NC's trends are still rising, so we can go ahead and kick that May 8th further down the road.

Yea May 8th ain’t happening for NC. It’s just now starting to develop in Wilkes and surrounding areas with cases. Maybe June.

This is just for phase 1, it was estimated that it would take 90 days before things get back to normal.

90 Days!

giphy.gif

Reading Coopers reopening plan...phase 1 is essentially what we are doing now. Phase 2 is where some noticeable actual changes would be...and based on his timeline that isn’t until June, 5+ weeks. This will be a death knell to any small businesses holding out hope to survive. I know, tough decision. With Cooper, I can’t imagine schools opening up in the fall, colleges included.

Cooper’s plan looks pretty close to the White House plan. Looks pretty good to me. Maybe May 8th will be the last extension of the shelter in place order needed, although I’m not holding my breath. Even once it’s lifted, though, things will not be normal for a while. And I worry we’ll be right back in this situation next winter.

Breaking from the WH briefing today...lines up with what I said early on about virus susceptibility to heat and how summer could help virus suppression or slowing of the virus transmission.

This is DHS science and technology division research.

“Summer-like conditions, are going to create a condition, where transmission is decreased”

a6aecce1dd8e68eb31995838286e8e93.jpg

8ba06401320ae7b3d83ef0f9664c0e02.jpg

Gonna be very interesting to see how this plays out.

But now, the country's chief epidemiologist said the strategy appears to be working and that "herd immunity" could be reached in the capital Stockholm in a matter of weeks.

"In major parts of Sweden, around Stockholm, we have reached a plateau (in new cases) and we're already seeing the effect of herd immunity and in a few weeks' time we'll see even more of the effects of that. And in the rest of the country, the situation is stable," Dr. Anders Tegnell, chief epidemiologist at Sweden's Public Health Agency, told CNBC on Tuesday.

Tegnell said sampling and modeling data indicated that 20% of Stockholm's population is already immune to the virus, and that "in a few weeks' time we might reach herd immunity and we believe that is why we're seeing a slow decline in cases, in spite of sampling (testing for the coronavirus) more and more."

Gonna be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Sweden may be a model for the rural and suburban communities of the United States, but the urban areas will likely need to stay locked down for the entire year.

Not happy with cooper at all, he should have opened up. nation , this state cant survive closed .

Terrible decision on his part, also with south carolina opening up and nc staying closed wonder if sc gets a boon in business because of nc patrons.

Looks like that’s it folks for stimulus. McConnell said he will try his best to block anymore stimulus that creates more debt.

I was hoping for additional relief for May but they want to reopen parts of the country instead to help the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back