• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NC has had 400 new cases today. The Governor is supposed to announce tomorrow what our next steps will be. Should be interesting.

Has anyone been able to find a freezer on the market? With a lot of meat plants shutting their doors I wanna freeze some food when I find it on sale. Best Buy usually has them for $150 but sold out.

The curve will flatten and daily deaths should hopefully near and hit 0, but a second wave is almost certain. So it’s not just going to be “over”. The president keeps saying, with authority, that the second wave may not even happen and coronavirus “may not come back”....ANY physician and ANY healthcare professional knows that’s not likely. What’s likely is Coronavirus comes back, along with flu, during the flu season in the fall and winter. The reality will be tracking two epidemics at once.

Anyone assuming we are going to all of a sudden just be dealing with flu alone in ~7 months time is either uneducated to misinformed. One of the two.

Yeah...makes you wonder if it might just be best to go for the herd immunity solution long-term....are we just delaying the inevitable? But I’m no epidemiologist.

Yeah...makes you wonder if it might just be best to go for the herd immunity solution long-term....are we just delaying the inevitable? But I’m no epidemiologist.
I heard on the radio the other day that we have never successfully created a vaccine for a coronavirus. I'm not sure how much we've tried but I don't think it will happen in time. If it does, who knows how effective it will be.

I heard on the radio the other day that we have never successfully created a vaccine for a coronavirus. I'm not sure how much we've tried but I don't think it will happen in time. If it does, who knows how effective it will be.
It sounds like they were making good progress for SARS in 2003, but then the virus went away so they had no longer a need to make one.

I have tried to go to Lowe’s twice this week, both times I saw a parking lot that was full and no employees guarding the entrances/counting customers entering the store. I simply turned around and left both times.

By contrast, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday, where they are limiting the number of patrons, and had quite possibly the most pleasant Wal-Matt experience ever.

Is Lowe’s operating in defiance of the latest N.C. restrictions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried to go to Lowe’s twice this week, both times I saw a parking lot that was full and no employees guarding the entrances/counting customers entering the store. I simply turned around and left both times.

By contrast, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday, where they are limiting the number of patrons, and had quite possibly the most pleasant Wal-Matt experience ever.

Is Lowe’s operating in defiance of the latest N.C. restrictions?
Considering it's to be their best month ever for the last 2 months, Probably.

Interesting addendum to my earlier post: I just walked out of Lowe’s (far less busy today because of the rain). Anyway, I walked past two employees talking about a co-worker who was just sent home because “he had body aches and a bad cough and felt really bad.”

Interesting addendum to my earlier post: I just walked out of Lowe’s (far less busy today because of the rain). Anyway, I walked past two employees talking about a co-worker who was just sent home because “he had body aches and a bad cough and felt really bad.”
I literally just said to my wife yesterday "I'll run into lowes during (kid's) nap." Not today 'Rona!

Assuming we do get a vaccine eventually, I have a nagging feeling that it's going to be like the flu vaccine where you have to predict the genotypes for the season and as we know, that's hit and miss.

Now, after I posted that Debbie Downer thing, it'd be better to have one than to not and if I get to do what I want to (its turning out to be a major if) I'll need both this vaccine and the flu vaccine.

People are saying they have heard Gov. Cooper is going to expand the shelter in place. Anyone heard the same?
He’s going to rule up some folks if he does.

People are saying they have heard Gov. Cooper is going to expand the shelter in place. Anyone heard the same?
He’s going to rule up some folks if he does.
What would expanding it entail? Lessening how many businesses are considered "essential"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back