• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the players association agrees to play it's pointless though right?
More thinking about letting fans in a stadium, and to a lesser extent (given what the Players Association may agree to) also from the Fair Labor and the OSHA perspectives ....

More thinking about letting fans in a stadium, and to a lesser extent (given what the Players Association may agree to) also from the Fair Labor and the OSHA perspectives ....
They won't be letting fans in the stadium.

So you are telling me non-Christians celebrate Christmas ? That makes no sense to me.

Well, when my grandparents were alive, we were a real life example of this relatively since my grandpa was Jewish. My grandma had converted when she married him, and when I was a youngster I'd often celebrate both Christian and Jewish holidays. We're still kind of doing it, kind of, because although my dad isn't very religious, he's going to cook some food if he can, that is involved with the Passover holiday.

To make this not completely off topic, I heard about Georgia beginning to ramp up testing, with coordination from the top hospitals in the state to help last week.

If we enter May and lift ALL (not some) restrictions, we're just going to see a 2nd spike. We are fooling ourselves to think like that and setting ourselves up for failure.
Im pretty sure all restrictions wont be lifted on May 1st, just some. It will be a gradual process towards a new normal.

Yeah, when I'm talking about trying to go back to normal, it's not "hey, let's all go back to work!" It's a lot more complicated and it's going to depend. Guess it needs to be fully talked out, but the short summary would be lifting restrictions slowly, and planning on trying to focus on distancing/hygiene at work and in public areas.

Sports is going to really depend. They're definitely in doubt until there's a vaccine unless you see something worked on and go no fans, which I really would rather see that attempted then no try at all. At some point, I would guess the players are going to want to try if it's either play or not get paid.

FWIW, Wilkes County Schools are wanting to open up beginning of August in case another wave hits in the Fall. More districts should prob consider moving their September date. Could save them 1 month of school virus or no virus never know what snow or hurricane could happen too.

FWIW, Wilkes County Schools are wanting to open up beginning of August in case another wave hits in the Fall. More districts should prob consider moving their September date. Could save them 1 month of school virus or no virus never know what snow or hurricane could happen too.
Isnt the beginning of August when most schools start back anyway ? This isnt the north where they start school after Labor Day.

Im pretty sure all restrictions wont be lifted on May 1st, just some. It will be a gradual process towards a new normal.

I am just concerned that people will let their guards down if we start doing that. You don't want to create a false sense of security. There are other models that say we need the month of May to really get through this. And @Matthew70 you're really something else. Everything I am saying is what has been said by the CDC, WHO, and the task force. Instead of disliking every comment, I make, why don't you speak up and offer up some sort of information. Not trying to personally call you out, but you have been doing this to me for weeks now.

Isnt the beginning of August when most schools start back anyway ? This isnt the north where they start school after Labor Day.
No the coastal towns influence school dates greatly in NC. It’s very political where usually mountain counties only qualify to open August 1st. The rest must wait.

I'd go way under. Deaths are doubling in a little over under a week now, so I'd estimate 90,000-100,000 worldwide by this time next week (from 42,158 presently). 200,000 will probably happen by the following week, however.
We are at about 80,000 now, so it doesn’t look like we’ll even reach 100,000 by today. A bit better than I expected.

Yep. So much for any kind of decrease that appeared to happen over the weekend. We're increasing rapidly still.
But at the same time, doesn't this actually decrease the fatality rate? We know people who died from the virus are in the statistics but people that haven't yet been tested are not. So in reality there are a lot more people infected and that decreases the overall fatality rate. Am I looking at that the correct way? I'm not like some of you geniuses on here WHO know EVERYTHING ?

We are going to see a 2nd spike regardless....unless they keep restrictions in place until a vaccine is approved and administered. A vaccine is probably 12+ months out and the national/local governments are not going to keep restrictions in place for 12 more months. But once cases subside they will loosen things up, maybe not back to where it was but it will loosen up. These restrictions are helping to keep hospitals overrun and gives more time to prep (masks/ventilator/etc...). I think early to mid-May states like NC will see things loosened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back