• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious how soon people can expect their stimulus payments, and according to this article it looks like April 9-15 is the main window for those who qualify for direct deposit.

"According to an internal document reviewed by The Washington Post, the IRS plans to begin generating electronic payments on April 9 for taxpayers who have filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return and qualify for a stimulus check. Patricia McLaughlin, a spokeswoman for the Treasury Department, told The Post that 50 million to 70 million people would have their payments deposited by April 15."

SC is officially under a shelter in place order beginning tomorrow at 5 pm. 187 new cases since yesterday. We have doubled our average weekly output from the week before.

The governor couldn’t have just done it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not in this state --- 3 branches of government and the Chief Justice is in charge of all judicial functions. The legislature cannot even amend the evidence code and have it effective without the Court adopting the legislation as a Rule.

SC is officially under a shelter in place order beginning tomorrow at 5 pm. 187 new cases since yesterday. We have doubled our average weekly output from the week before.
Do you have a link to an article? After a quick Google Search I can't seem to find anything.

I dont understand why states would be issuing stay at home orders now, since we are close to the peak and not far from turning the corner. Shouldn't that be something done a long time ago ?

I dont understand why states would be issuing stay at home orders now, since we are close to the peak and not far from turning the corner. Shouldn't that be something done a long time ago ?
1) Better late than never; and
2) Prefer another spike in 6 weeks?

This stuff is serious and there are lots of folks who have not been touched, and hence there a lots who could be very much at-risk if it were to continue/begin circulating as a "round 2" a short while from now ...

We are really not that close to reaching the "peak." We still have around a month to go. And even if we did peak earlier, that doesn't mean that cases are going to just magically disappear.

We are really not that close to reaching the "peak." We still have around a month to go. And even if we did peak earlier, that doesn't mean that cases are going to just magically disappear.
What ? Most sources i have seen say peak will be next week with a sharp decline in the latter half of April.

Screenshot_2020-04-06-07-55-18.png

What ? Most sources i have seen say peak will be next week with a sharp decline in the latter half of April.

View attachment 38504

That's one model though, and just like with weather modeling, it's purpose is to give us an idea. Nothing is 100%. Italy is just beginning to level off, and that took well over a month, once they hit their peak. While I am not a professional, I can pretty say that the Shelter-in-Place orders will continue to be extended for pretty much every state. Sorry, that's just the reality of the situation. Better safe than sorry.

33% chances of false negatives though so I would follow up with the antibody testing becoming available.

yep, no clue how to do that. Also possible
I had it and am not contagious anymore. Or never had it.

either way feel a lot better. Taking extreme precautions now to avoid exposure so I’m good o think.

Another jump in Georgia from noon. Up to 7558 cases 1393 in hospital and deaths up to 294. That a jump of 244 cases and 61 hospitalized and a big jump of 65 deaths all since noon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back