• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These numbers in the small county of Northampton, borders my county to the north, is unbelievable. They are now up to 53, with a population of just under 20k that is 1:371 infection rate, which rivals any county in the country. Again about 30 of those are related to an assisted living facility but still for a rural spread out, sparsely populated county that's crazy.

Breaking News: Lowe’s to close all facilities on Easter for the first time ever with pay. It is reported that Lowe’s is taking a stab at Home Depot throughout the course of the virus by (including more sick time, successfully running their spring Black Friday sale when Home Depot cancelled, staying open 1 hour later than the rival, free $300 untaxed check and temporary wage increase and now giving a free paid Easter holiday is the latest development against HD who is open on Easter).

Breaking News: Lowe’s to close all facilities on Easter for the first time ever with pay. It is reported that Lowe’s is taking a stab at Home Depot throughout the course of the virus by (including more sick time, successfully running their spring Black Friday sale when Home Depot cancelled, staying open 1 hour later than the rival, free $300 untaxed check and temporary wage increase and now giving a free paid Easter holiday is the latest development against HD who is open on Easter).
I dont understand why stores are open on Easter anyway. Dont stores close on Christmas ? Why would you close on Christmas but not Easter ? Both are religious holidays.

Looks to be flattening.

91805024c112c65ba2e29c7321aa2c80.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they have great liability insurance if they do that ... 1 lawsuit alleging gross negligence would be all it takes ... ???
I can't really see it happening because of that. They better have some rock solid agreement.

While I think we go back to a "different" normal sooner rather than the later of waiting until close to 2021 that's been brought up by several, there's been a definite threat we don't see any sports. They're likely to have to work something out because there won't be a vaccine until 2021. Would have to see an expansion of rapid testing for starters.

I think there's a decent chance they try though because a lot of $$$$ is on the line.

Ok so what do you suggest ? Just cancel the whole season ?
I want baseball as much as the next guy but getting 25+ people in a locker room everyday is bound to lead to someone catching it. I'm just pointing out that the logistics require a lot of thought.

While I think we go back to a "different" normal sooner rather than the later of waiting until close to 2021 that's been brought up by several, there's been a definite threat we don't see any sports. They're likely to have to work something out because there won't be a vaccine until 2021. Would have to see an expansion of rapid testing for starters.

I think there's a decent chance they try though because a lot of $$$$ is on the line.
TV money is better than no money. I know they bring a lot in through the attendance and concessions but sooner or later the players are going to want some pay coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back