• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmmm...

I say... let him! I am glad he's considering stepping up to combat this crap. People don't want to take this seriously, well I say throw their a$$e$ in jail and fine them, heavily. Enough is enough.

Last edited:

Hmmm...
Not out of the realm of possibilities, though it is a bit Draconian ... personally would have no issues with shutting down all air, rail, and bus travel for a couple weeks or three ... even shutting down all use of Federal Highways to all but essential (food, medical and petroleum) transports ... beyond that, it is up to the States to do what they need to inside their borders ... we are a Republic after all and the Federal government has limited authority over local issues like intrastate travel, assembly ...

Not out of the realm of possibilities, though it is a bit Draconian ... personally would have no issues with shutting down all air, rail, and bus travel for a couple weeks or three ... even shutting down all use of Federal Highways to all but essential (food, medical and petroleum) transports ... beyond that, it is up to the States to do what they need to inside their borders ... we are a Republic after all and the Federal government has limited authority over local issues like intrastate travel, assembly ...

But what choice does he have? I agree it's extreme. But people aren't taking this seriously. States such as GA and SC aren't doing enough. If we overwhelm our healthcare system we all stand to suffer. I don't want it to come to this, but at this point, I feel it's inevitable.

But what choice does he have? I agree it's extreme. But people aren't taking this seriously. States such as GA and SC aren't doing enough. If we overwhelm our healthcare system we all stand to suffer. I don't want it to come to this, but at this point, I feel it's inevitable.
It could be a very dangerous precedent to set. I know it's an emergency but I don't the federal government wielding that much power.

Hmmm...

I say... let him! I am glad he's considering stepping up to combat this crap. People don't want to take this seriously, well I say throw their a$$e$ in jail and fine them, heavily. Enough is enough.
Just noticed the article is a week and half old.

My point is and was ... that is not the structure we've legally built for ourselves ... and if the states you cite want to act like idiots, their populous has the means to immediately address it ... but on a Federal level, the power and authority simply does not exist beyond control of interstate commerce and the "land" the Federal government owns and controls --- air, interstate, rails and common carriers ...

Just noticed the article is a week and half old.
My point is and was ... that is not the structure we've legally built for ourselves ... and if the states you cite want to act like idiots, their populous has the means to immediately address it ... but on a Federal level, the power and authority simply does not exist beyond control of interstate commerce and the "land" the Federal government owns and controls --- air, interstate, rails and common carriers ...

It still doesn't mean it's in consideration. I saw that after I posted it though, so my bad.

I agree. I just want us to get through this. And while I understand that there are protocols in place to protect our freedoms, it has become increasingly obvious that people just don't care anymore. Hey, I'd rather be under quarantine for 2 weeks then still be dealing with this in July. I want our country... our planet to get back to some sort of normal. We can't do that if we have people who are so inclined to defy orders from a state level.

It still doesn't mean it's in consideration. I saw that after I posted it though, so my bad.

I agree. I just want us to get through this. And while I understand that there are protocols in place to protect our freedoms, it has become increasingly obvious that people just don't care anymore. Hey, I'd rather be under quarantine for 2 weeks then still be dealing with this in July. I want our country... our planet to get back to some sort of normal. We can't do that if we have people who are so inclined to defy orders from a state level.
There are state prisons ... county jails ... local curfew powers, the State National Guard ... but it is a 10th Amendment thing ... Bill of Rights ... and oh yeah ... a well regulated militia ...

GA and SC will not be shutting down no matter how bad this gets. In fact, I'm hearing our governor wants Columbia and Charleston to drop their shelter in place orders. He says they are illegal.

GA and SC will not be shutting down no matter how bad this gets. In fact, I'm hearing our governor wants Columbia and Charleston to drop their shelter in place orders. He says they are illegal.

If the SC governor is republican too (just saw he is), he's essentially doing the same thing that Kemp is doing, which is following what Trump is doing, and although he's considered it at times he hasn't done a quarantine, at least not yet.

It'd take a nationwide quarantine to get these states to close most likely.

In other news, I think the Georgia cases might actually be a little higher unless the department of health is naming cases differently. I was going to post something about this a little earlier before I lost power this afternoon, but at least in the case of AUMC (the top hospital in my area), they're rolling relatively compared to some with testing. They set up a drive through a couple weeks ago, created their own test I believe, and are doing virtual screenings. I think they've done a little over 5000 virtual screenings (although tonight's article says 4300). Not many for the amount of people in the city-county or the county north of me, but the numbers they have so far are interesting...

70 confirmed cases (can't remember the exact number but the reason I think the Georgia cases are a little higher is I think the DPH page has 30-32 for Richmond/Columbia County)…

1,311 negative

190+ pending

They say they've been able to only actually test about 70 a day in the lab, but they aim to get up to a 1000 by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Why would the govenor of Nevada,Michigan and NY not allow doctors to prescribe Hydrochloroquine? Espeacilly in light of the FDA giving it an endorsement this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back