• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the worst areas of China (Wuhan) they have been quarantined for over 2 months. Literally not leaving their apartments and having food brought to them. They are planning to begin re-opening the area on April 8th. It began Jan 23rd basically the same time the US discovered their 1st case in WA.

Does anyone really think (knowing the above) it's realistic in anyway that we 'go back to work' on Easter, April 12th?

In the worst areas of China (Wuhan) they have been quarantined for over 2 months. Literally not leaving their apartments and having food brought to them. They are planning to begin re-opening the area on April 8th. It began Jan 23rd basically the same time the US discovered their 1st case in WA.

Does anyone really think (knowing the above) it's realistic in anyway that we 'go back to work' on Easter, April 12th?

Nope

A total of 5 assisted living facilities have confirmed cases in Georgia ☹
Do you know which ones? My mother in law is in Georgia in assisted living. We are in SC and her other son in Florida. The assisted living has yet to reach out to us to tell us their procedures. We talk to her everyday. She said her place quarantined someone in their room yesterday but said it was for a cold

Just a note about the stimulus package, if you are self employed and forced to close down all business, you will still NOT be eligible for any unemployment compensation. This applies to all partnerships, Chapter S Corp's and single proprietors

Where are you seeing that? From what I've read it applies to all independent contractors, and (as I understand it) owners of pass-through entities like S corporations, as long as they are also employees of the entity.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-b...fit-a3534c5d-2841-48ca-a492-705d5af79534.html

Do you know which ones? My mother in law is in Georgia in assisted living. We are in SC and her other son in Florida. The assisted living has yet to reach out to us to tell us their procedures. We talk to her everyday. She said her place quarantined someone in their room yesterday but said it was for a cold

My 2018 return is below $75k and my 2019 return is above, so I’m interested to see what happens. Maybe they would take the excess back based on 2019 returns when I file my 2020 taxes in 2021?

Doesn’t matter too much, a one-time $1,000 check isn’t going to do much for me either way. I’m not sure what the point of these even is, they should use it for unemployment benefits or to help small businesses which have been forced to close.

The payment begins to phase out at $75k ($150k for married couples) and that's based on AGI, not gross income. Btw, it's $1,200 for singles, and $2,400 for married couples, along with $500 per child under age 17.

$3,400 for a family of four is nothing to sneeze at.

My 2018 return is below $75k and my 2019 return is above, so I’m interested to see what happens. Maybe they would take the excess back based on 2019 returns when I file my 2020 taxes in 2021?

Doesn’t matter too much, a one-time $1,000 check isn’t going to do much for me either way. I’m not sure what the point of these even is, they should use it for unemployment benefits or to help small businesses which have been forced to close.

People with jobs will use the extra check to go buy stuff they want. People who lost their jobs will use it to pay the bills and/or buy some extra stuff. I have a family of 5, so 3900 would be a nice little bonus to make use of.

The payment begins to phase out at $75k ($150k for married couples) and that's based on AGI, not gross income. Btw, it's $1,200 for singles, and $2,400 for married couples, along with $500 per child under age 17.

What does the phase out look like....? is it a percentage less for every so much your AGI is over the cap?

Yeah my grandmother is in an assisted living home in Braselton.. we haven't heard anything yet

People with jobs will use the extra check to go buy stuff they want. People who lost their jobs will use it to pay the bills and/or buy some extra stuff. I have a family of 5, so 3900 would be a nice little bonus to make use of.
Exactly and either helps put funds back into the economy. Assuming individuals with jobs spend more, this creates a need for products, which hopefully creates a need to hire employees to produce those products... of course this all hinges on businesses opening up eventually as well (which they will)

$3400 for a family of 4 with 2 in college is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

Good question. All I know is City of Durham is ordering stay in place, but the county isn't yet.
Shelter in Place coming for Wake Co. I honestly think as long as the metro areas and hot spots continue to do this Gov Cooper holds off, just speculation on my part

Yeah, but a lot of stores are shut down, anyways. I’m probably just going to put the money in the market, to be honest, since this is a good buying opportunity.

Anyways, sorry, I don’t mean to drag this thread off-topic.

Union County, just SE of Meck has no plans for a shelter in place, which baffles me. Because everyone from Charlotte will hop on Providence Rd. and Independence right into Union County. So, the spread will just continue. The WHOLE Metro needs to work as one, otherwise, this is all for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back