• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to post this
If you have meth with you, please get it tested prior to use,” the post says, offering addresses where people can take their drugs for testing.

“If you prefer to keep your meth in the privacy of your own home you may contact Blanco County Dispatch … and have an officer come to your house to test your meth for contamination.”

In all seriousness I'm not try to spread fear or hype up this situation. I'm only posting things that I would like others opinion on to make it easier to understand what is going on. I'm not suggesting running to the store or even buying masks. I am very confused and concerned by what China has done in response to this disease compared to our government. I'm not a expert on this subject but I am good at processing information and forming my own educated opinion. I have been paying attention to this for a month and the scariest part of this is the conspiracy nut balls have been ahead of and more accurate than the news.

Not really, they have just been nutballs. Every heart attack and seizure is coronavirus. Every video of a dead person is coronavirus. Every image of smoke was from the 1000 people a day China was cremating. The "leaked" data had tens of thousands dead. Data suggested millions in China was infected in a few weeks. The real death rate is 20%. They actually had very little correct.

Not really, they have just been nutballs. Every heart attack and seizure is coronavirus. Every video of a dead person is coronavirus. Every image of smoke was from the 1000 people a day China was cremating. The "leaked" data had tens of thousands dead. Data suggested millions in China was infected in a few weeks. The real death rate is 20%. They actually had very little correct.
I'm torn between believing conspiracy nut jobs and the Chinese government. They are both about as credible

Professor from Harvard says he expects 40 to 70 percent of americans will get this virus. Does that freak you out? I'm not saying end of the world freak out but end of the bull market. I'm a little concerned about all my elderly and unhealthy friends and family.

Considering that only 20% were infected on the close quarters of the cruise ship, I kind of doubt that. The freak out alone will cut this drastically. The only way I see it reaching those numbers is if it is less than the flu severity wise and people stop caring if they are exposed.

I feel like videos of bodies on the street with people in masks walking by are probably a good indicator that they are dying from the virus. I guess it could just be heart attacks

I'm torn between believing conspiracy nut jobs and the Chinese government. They are both about as credible

I completely understand not trusting the Chinese, but considering the most posted in threads by far concerning the virus was about the Chinese killing dogs, I may have to go with the Chinese.

Considering that only 20% were infected on the close quarters of the cruise ship, I kind of doubt that. The freak out alone will cut this drastically. The only way I see it reaching those numbers is if it is less than the flu severity wise and people stop caring if they are exposed.
I'm not saying 70 percent will get this virus, a professor from Harvard who studies outbreaks says that.

I feel like videos of bodies on the street with people in masks walking by are probably a good indicator that they are dying from the virus. I guess it could just be heart attacks

It could be a lot of things including video taken out of context or edited. That said the real toll is what we wont know. How many died from lack of medicine or other medical care from being locked in their homes or were refused care.

I don't mean to come off as a smart ass and I value the discussion here about this. It's hard to wrap your head around the actions of a number of nations in comparison to what's being done and said in this country. I feel like there are a good number of smart people on this board and it's nice to know what they are thinking.

I just love how we can have an informed discussion about this serious global situation. I have been following this thread all day and have forgotten I was on a weather forum. Is it wrong for me to say I feel more informed and confident with the information I consume here vs that coming from the mainstream media?

For it to be nothing the government sure is worried about it. Trump basically putting a gag on all science and healthcare works they have to run public statements by Mike pence

I am in no way panicked. Just prepared. Also a 27 yo was one death not reported in China.

Think of all the young kids that have had chemo. My mom had chemo. They have suppressed immune systems

Is the medical field treating this the same way they do the flu? I know there is no vaccine yet. Just curious how the survivors have been treated and what increased the death rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back