• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's not rushed. If they had it all along because it's a bioweapon they wouldn't want to admit to it. It's strange that we are just getting tests that work but they already have a vaccine
The thing about that is it might not be too hard to make an experimental vaccine. I'm not in the medical field, but from what I understand is viruses all have certain makeups, and if there is a virus similar in nature or type that has been studied and a vaccine created already, a few tweaks to that and lab testing and an experimental vaccine can be created quickly. They aren't starting from a certain point because it's a weapon, it's because they have knowledge of a similar virus. Even with no vaccine to a similar virus, there's study behind that one and knowledge.

Oh good grief. There are some seriously gullible folks in this world.
I never said I thought it was a bioweapon, but you are gullible if you think they have a vaccine for a novel virus this quick. The only gullible people right now are the ones that think this is just the flu and nothing will happen

I never said I thought it was a bioweapon, but you are gullible if you think they have a vaccine for a novel virus this quick. The only gullible people right now are the ones that think this is just the flu and nothing will happen

It's a novel virus to us, but this is still in the same family of viruses like the common cold which is also a coronavirus. They all work on similar principles. It's a matter of finding the right combinations to attack it. There are methods to greatly speed up the process of finding what works, especially with AI now. This isn't 20 years ago. I work at a pharma company and they have all manners of technology now to speed up the process on something like this.

It's a novel virus to us, but this is still in the same family of viruses like the common cold which is also a coronavirus. They all work on similar principles. It's a matter of finding the right combinations to attack it. There are methods to greatly speed up the process of finding what works, especially with AI now. This isn't 20 years ago. I work at a pharma company and they have all manners of technology now to speed up the process on something like this.
I hope they have one, just skeptical. If it's like the flu shot it will be considered a success if it works half the time.

I hope they have one, just skeptical. If it's like the flu shot it will be considered a success if it works half the time.

Well, it's one thing to be skeptical about something. It's another entirely to promote silly conspiracy theories along with it, especially if you don't understand the science behind it.

I’m not a big fan of flu shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the flu mist several years ago when that was still a thing and fell deathly ill. Why I thought it was a good idea to sniff a live virus is beyond me. Never again. I won’t even do the shot now. I’ll take my chances with the flu. It sucks but it’s not that bad.

Then let them know you will be first to try the vaccine.

I did the flu mist several years ago when that was still a thing and fell deathly ill. Why I thought it was a good idea to sniff a live virus is beyond me. Never again. I won’t even do the shot now. I’ll take my chances with the flu. It sucks but it’s not that bad.

I don’t get them and heck I’ve never had the flu. I must be lucky. Pollen puts me down for a week or so in the spring.

Well, it's one thing to be skeptical about something. It's another entirely to promote silly conspiracy theories along with it, especially if you don't understand the science behind it.
I'm not spreading anything, I'm being open minded and not following the herd. I'm not worried about the virus, I'm worried about people who are not able to take care of themselves because their head is in the sand. I'm a farmer and I can tell you that there is already supply problems and this has just started. I understand the science of being able to feed myself, how about you?

Over or under 1 1/2 weeks before the US is hit hard by this virus?

Not sure the definition of hit hard, but my guess is that we'll see cases start to pop in several cities/communities in less than 1.5 weeks. So, I'll take the under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back