• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading up on vaccines to past outbreaks and viruses

Turns out some vaccines have helped eradicate diseases completely (polio and smallpox) Others were once widespread, but a lot more contained now (Measles). And some we can fight but haven't been able to control as well or eradicate completely (Influenza or flu)

Why is there such a big difference? Why could we eradicate polio and smallpox, but not the flu? I'm sure there's a good explanation, and it's probably complicated as sin.

When coronavirus vaccine comes, how effective would it be long term? And is there any chance it could be eradicated completely or be more like the flu?

The bottom line is, we need to shut down everything in this country and figure out how to make it possible for every non-essential person to stay inside of their homes for at least the next 4-6 weeks. This needs to be in place yesterday. I know the logistics are difficult, but smart people need to figure it out and get it in motion. Enough of the slow rolling mess that is going to extend this out through the summer.

My plant wont close unless there is a hard curfew restricting all travel.....we are running 68 hrs a week on my line, I haven't had a Sat off since Sept and we are behind still, shutting down for a week or two would be unthinkable.

Been reading up on vaccines to past outbreaks and viruses

Turns out some vaccines have helped eradicate diseases completely (polio and smallpox) Others were once widespread, but a lot more contained now (Measles). And some we can fight but haven't been able to control as well or eradicate completely (Influenza or flu)

Why is there such a big difference? Why could we eradicate polio and smallpox, but not the flu? I'm sure there's a good explanation, and it's probably complicated as sin.

When coronavirus vaccine comes, how effective would it be long term? And is there any chance it could be eradicated completely or be more like the flu?

The flu vaccine is only about 40% effective....and that's a good year.

The bottom line is, we need to shut down everything in this country and figure out how to make it possible for every non-essential person to stay inside of their homes for at least the next 4-6 weeks. This needs to be in place yesterday. I know the logistics are difficult, but smart people need to figure it out and get it in motion. Enough of the slow rolling mess that is going to extend this out through the summer.
If there is enough packaged food (and toilet paper) for door-to-door delivery on a regular every few day basis to 370 million plus a few, then it works ... The only way to do that is martial law with the Army up and down the streets ostensibly delivering food (and toilet paper) ... That is a scary thought ... but it may happen in some locations ...

Today vs yesterday Fulton33 vs 27
GA countiesCobb25 vs 22
with 3+ casesDekalb15 vs 10
Bartow10 vs 9
Gwinnett7 vs 5
Cherokee7 vs 7
Floyd6 vs 4
Dougherty6 vs 6
Fayette5 vs 5
Clayton4 vs 5
Lowndes4 vs 3
Clarke3 vs 3
Coweta3 vs 2

Cases in South Carolina up to 47. 22 of which is in kershaw county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My worry is that we still don't know how this virus will react with the warmer weather coming. I mean, people say the warm will kill the virus, but if that's the case then why do they keep doctor's offices and hospitals cold? Plus, the cases in Italy are spiking at an unprecedented rate. I just feel like it's going to get worse before it gets better. I am still waiting for Trump to announce even stricter protocols, which still may include lockdown.

Oh it’s gonna get worse unless there is a miracle. Little doubt about that. The question is do we go like Italy where the seniors are being slammed, or Germany where it appears for the time being they are keeping them from being infected.

Governor of SC following suit and closing all dine in restaurants. Only Take out options. Final step which is likely by the end of the week is putting the state on a Lock-down if that does not come from the federal level before then.

So when payments don’t get made on mortgages and rents and electricity and utilities and vehicles and CC and businesses and etc. will those companies forgive and not report to credit bureau to hurt those individuals or businesses credit score? How many will be able to survive? How many don’t have money to buy food? Only way to keep from looting, stealing, and killings is martial law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back