• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Cold Season Complaining

Ive been worried about a collision mid air for some time now. That creates a whole new mess. The state has been asking people, for days, to simply coordinate with them and don’t go off on your own yet some of these folks believe they are the special snowflakes that can get around the rules. You can have the best intentions in the world but it doesn’t matter if you cause an accident or if you are THE accident.

All I've asked is that we don't make this hurricane political. Over and over its been brought up, hinted at, wink winked between the lines of posts, and whatever other ways you want to describe it. If you want to talk about the response to the hurricane ok fine but there's a way to do this without it inciting a back and forth that isn't necessary.

All I've asked is that we don't make this hurricane political. Over and over its been brought up, hinted at, wink winked between the lines of posts, and whatever other ways you want to describe it. If you want to talk about the response to the hurricane ok fine but there's a way to do this without it inciting a back and forth that isn't necessary.
See no reason global warming has to come up in a hurricane thread. People should just stick to the hurricane facts

I'm saying this here so as not to clog up the storm thread. People's opinions on the government response (and by people, I mean people who are not directly impacted or involved in the relief effort) are largely shaped by their political leanings.

The Katrina response was blasted by the left and largely defended by the right. Objectively, in hindsight, the response was subpar, particularly if you think the government ought to be organized and prepared to deal with these kinds of emergencies. I'm not sure why we expect that though. Most interactions that most people have with the government seem to result in some level of frustration, no matter which party is in charge.

So I don't know why one should expect disaster response to be any different. I mean, hopefully it is a net benefit, and it probably will be in the end. But I guarantee you that it will not be a model of efficiency. And I also don't believe that the enormity of reports by volunteers observing some level of negative interaction with government officials are all lies. Some may be. But certainly not all.

The absolute truth is always hard to find. That's one reason objective, true journalism-based media is so important. But you don't find much of that today. It makes knowing exactly what's going on much harder.

Back