• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Catch All Dieting Thread

3 days a week set schedule. Looking to add one more day into my schedule if I can get out of bed.
At your age, you should be able to workout 4-5 days a week and eat more what you want, at least I could at your age. just make it a habit and after a couple of months you will feel weird if you don't go to the gym and you will start going to gym even when you feel bad. Do 20-30 mins cardio, 30 mins weights . Sorry I know you didn't ask for my advice :)

I've got to change something up.. I work out 5 days a week and I'm not getting the same results as I used to when I was younger
Not sure how advanced you are with weight lifting and this goes for everyone viewing, but the PPL (Push Pull Legs) routine is fairly easy to follow and with so many workouts you can add/take away to allow your muscles to not get comfortable. I just started but I'm already seeing results which is awesome because I've worked out in the past and it took forever to see growth. Once I get a decent build I'll probably tinker with macros but this is enough to just get muscle gains. Of course adding daily protein is a must.

At your age, you should be able to workout 4-5 days a week and eat more what you want, at least I could at your age. just make it a habit and after a couple of months you will feel weird if you don't go to the gym and you will start going to gym even when you feel bad. Do 20-30 mins cardio, 30 mins weights . Sorry I know you didn't ask for my advice :)

I do a 5 day split.
Monday- back and biceps
Tuesday- chest - triceps
Wednesday- abs and cardio
Thursday- back and biceps
Friday - chest and triceps
Sat and Sunday rest.
Week 1,3,5- all free weights
Week 2,4,6- machines
* plenty of water, protein and rest. Also supplements are key if your looking for real muscle growth. That testosterone would do the trick.

Weeks 7-10 it’s off cycle and I hit it harder. The key is max out to failure on all sets. I train with a Amateur bodybuilder. He looks like the hulk. So I listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how advanced you are with weight lifting and this goes for everyone viewing, but the PPL (Push Pull Legs) routine is fairly easy to follow and with so many workouts you can add/take away to allow your muscles to not get comfortable. I just started but I'm already seeing results which is awesome because I've worked out in the past and it took forever to see growth. Once I get a decent build I'll probably tinker with macros but this is enough to just get muscle gains. Of course adding daily protein is a must.

Very good info. Thanks for sharing.

So my wife has lost 25IBS on her new new diet. Which has been great in many ways..... but she had the balls to ask me if I was going to start working out again. I’m devastated.

You are what you eat. Golden Rule numero uno.
You can cardio and thats great, burns calories.
But the trick to keeping fat off, burning it 24/7 even while sleeping is weightlifting. Not talking nothing more than doing 12 sets of resistance lifting per week per muscle group.
Mon: Back/ Shoulders
Tues:legs(calfs,Hammys,Quads,Glutes)
Wed rest,cardio only,
Thurs Chest,Triceps
Fri Arms [ Biceps, Abs)

Those sore muscles repair at night what you tear down, while sleeping. Burns serious fat. More than daily cardio. But daily cardio does lots of wonders. Not boo booing it, but remember you only burn fat while actually cardioing

But you are what you eat,first and foremost. Lower carbs after lunch. Dont waste calories on drinks. Only eat sweets when someone has homemade something. Which usually only happens on weekends. This cuts out the quick snacks loaded with sugar. Nice comprimise with the sweet tooth.

You are what you eat. Golden Rule numero uno.
You can cardio and thats great, burns calories.
But the trick to keeping fat off, burning it 24/7 even while sleeping is weightlifting. Not talking nothing more than doing 12 sets of resistance lifting per week per muscle group.
Mon: Back/ Shoulders
Tues:legs(calfs,Hammys,Quads,Glutes)
Wed rest,cardio only,
Thurs Chest,Triceps
Fri Arms [ Biceps, Abs)

Those sore muscles repair at night what you tear down, while sleeping. Burns serious fat. More than daily cardio. But daily cardio does lots of wonders. Not boo booing it, but remember you only burn fat while actually cardioing

But you are what you eat,first and foremost. Lower carbs after lunch. Dont waste calories on drinks. Only eat sweets when someone has homemade something. Which usually only happens on weekends. This cuts out the quick snacks loaded with sugar. Nice comprimise with the sweet tooth.
ZMA is great for repairing muscles while sleeping after working out hard.

Back