• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

Didn't reach 80 today but the humidity is beyond terrible! The sultryness of the air, the fact that nothing ever dries out and is encased with a constant muddy, slick, slimy muculence is about enough to move me to a semi-arid climate. If this rainy period doesn't end soon I'm going to lose it.

What a boring week incoming. Pretty much missing out of any beneficial rainfall from 2 tropical systems. Nothing that screams a decent severe Wx outbreak. This is my first summer in NC where we didn't get placed under a watch, of any kind. In the words of the 'Soup Nazi'... "NEXT!"

What a boring week incoming. Pretty much missing out of any beneficial rainfall from 2 tropical systems. Nothing that screams a decent severe Wx outbreak. This is my first summer in NC where we didn't get placed under a watch, of any kind. In the words of the 'Soup Nazi'... "NEXT!"
Gotta wait till Fall when the jet stream comes south from Canada for severe setup.

Gotta wait till Fall when the jet stream comes south from Canada for severe setup.

Yes, we always get a secondary severe wx outbreak of some kind in November, but I have never seen a summer where we didn't get an MCV or MCS that warranted a severe thunderstorm watch. Don't get me wrong, we definitely had an active August, but even at it's worse this summer was pretty mundane.

Yes, we always get a secondary severe wx outbreak of some kind in November, but I have never seen a summer where we didn't get an MCV or MCS that warranted a severe thunderstorm watch. Don't get me wrong, we definitely had an active August, but even at it's worse this summer was pretty mundane.
True... Even the gawd awful summers of 07 and 12 had MCS events. I remember one in July 2012 that had prolific lightning.

Either Mack or lick

Absolutely, fro, since he also has “ck” at the end of his name. If Mack decides against it, I’d go with Lick way before anyone else. Nobody else would make sense. So, I say Mack or Lick or else no September thread might be best, unfortunately. ?

Darn I was too slow and stuck on what to name it ! I call October then ! Sorry bird man.

I will reel in the coldest October in the last 30 years for us . Feel it in my bones .
Looking forward to it, October is usually when we start looking towards the 384hr GFS, and Ensembles for cooling trends.

Back