• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

Swamptember?

Yeah that euro setup is 60s-70s with drizzle/ rain
My first trip up here was early June, and a tropical system was racing up through here, it was 59 degrees, rainy and breezy! It was my introduction to Iowa weather, I was chilled to the bone! That was 2 in the afternoon!

So far, and it's probably been helped by me taking that refresher trip to the woods of SW NC early on during this month, August hasn't been bad at all IMO. Some of y'all might not love it, but for me, as long as we don't pay dearly in October for this, this kind of pattern can keep on keeping on as far as I care.

Summers last gasp. Much cooler air on the way in about a week.
Yeah but me thinks that might be short lived and more tied to the influence of Laura getting into the flow. Negative AAM will lead to a more nina like pattern and we are already seeing the subtropical ridging winning even with the forecast of Laura as it has shifted so far west. I think once we get the brief cool down post Laura the first 10 days of September will suck in the same fashion they have sucked the past few years. Now if the AAM forecasts are correct and we see increasing AAM moving through September we may be looking at our first really fall like stuff in the 2nd half of the month.

Yeah but me thinks that might be short lived and more tied to the influence of Laura getting into the flow. Negative AAM will lead to a more nina like pattern and we are already seeing the subtropical ridging winning even with the forecast of Laura as it has shifted so far west. I think once we get the brief cool down post Laura the first 10 days of September will suck in the same fashion they have sucked the past few years. Now if the AAM forecasts are correct and we see increasing AAM moving through September we may be looking at our first really fall like stuff in the 2nd half of the month.
I know there have been years when we saw our first big cold front in Mid September. So im hopeful this is one of those years.

I know there have been years when we saw our first big cold front in Mid September. So im hopeful this is one of those years.
If we can avoid going into the tank with the AAM like last year
Screenshot_20200823-094628_Chrome.jpg

Climo says the first real from is typically been 9/10-20. We will see

Back