• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

I love Brad P. He's by far one of the best. By far. But his constant denial of Laura and how it could affect us is getting a little bit annoying. I don't know if because he's waiting to see where this thing goes or he just doesn't believe it will affect us, at all. He literally said we will get no rain from both systems, an hour ago...
Yeah, I’ve followed brad for years and I’m not bashing him or nothing, because that’s one of my favorite mets, but assuming it’s gonna have 0 impacts is risky

Yeah, I’ve followed brad for years and I’m not bashing him or nothing, because that’s one of my favorite mets, but assuming it’s gonna have 0 impacts is risky

Agreed! My intent of this post was not to bash him as I said, he is one of the best! I have never seen a more committed met in my life. His love for weather and the fact that he spends sooo much time communicating on social media is such a rare thing for someone like him. He is conservative when it comes to his forecast so it makes sense. But yes, completely discarding any threats for us is risky. I'd imagine he will come around as long as trends continue.

several flood products out there tonight was western Wilkes now little further south. Radar doesn’t look impressive but Marco is adding to extremely heavy rates like tropical downpours

It's amazing the Euro has almost nada S of the low. I call bs
I personally think that if the remnant low stays south of the Ohio River, it will take on the classic look of a inland Gulf tropical cyclone... a noticeable circulation with a shield of heavy rain on the north and west sides and bands of rain and thunderstorms to the east and southeast. This could certainly set up severe weather ahead of the low through Tennessee and the Carolinas

several flood products out there tonight was western Wilkes now little further south. Radar doesn’t look impressive but Marco is adding to extremely heavy rates like tropical downpours

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think that if the remnant low stays south of the Ohio River, it will take on the classic look of a inland Gulf tropical cyclone... a noticeable circulation with a shield of heavy rain on the north and west sides and bands of rain and thunderstorms to the east and southeast. This could certainly set up severe weather ahead of the low through Tennessee and the Carolinas
Yep, wouldn't take much to tap into these winds just off the surface. As @SD mentioned, sure does remind one of remnants of Erin back in 2007

1598362436929.png

1598362457067.png

I remember Danny in 1995 as it restrgenthened over NC. Not saying this one will because it has a long track over land before getting here.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I get more wind/severe weather with this than I did with the center of Isaias moving directly over head. Now, to be fair, not hard to top that my max wind gust was around 25 (saw 33 mph about 10 miles from me) so....

Can’t even get that in Oklahoma this time of year. All I’ve seen since being here is a 10 minute shower and 2 drizzles. I do get the heat though. Gonna be near 100 on Friday.
Well you will get to experience some nice winter storms, tornadoes outbreaks and massive cold fronts. I can’t wait for some pictures from you in the next few months.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I get more wind/severe weather with this than I did with the center of Isaias moving directly over head. Now, to be fair, not hard to top that my max wind gust was around 25 (saw 33 mph about 10 miles from me) so....

Dunno man they shifted us out of the cone.

Back