• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

Que GaWx. Sounds like LaNina is inbound for the winter. Are we looking at weak,mod,strong?

Gorgeous day today. Hardly ever get to say that in August. Hard to beleive august is half over. Only 2 more weeks till Met Fall begins.

Que GaWx. Sounds like LaNina is inbound for the winter. Are we looking at weak,mod,strong?

Gorgeous day today. Hardly ever get to say that in August. Hard to beleive august is half over. Only 2 more weeks till Met Fall begins.

Leaning toward weak to low end moderate La Niña as of now. Indeed, met autumn will be here soon. That’s one of my two favorite seasons since it is cooling and drying along with pretty leaves as a bonus.

Last edited:
Looks wet and humid through the end of the month.. good news is no major heat wave for the Tennessee Valley(sorry Death Valley, enjoy your toast temps):
1597643075093.png1597643269865.png

Will we pay for a subdued rest of August in Sept? Not according to CFS... but the Dec-Feb maps look disgusting for cold winter lovers, so don't look past Sept: 1597643717414.png

Another marginal risk day. Liking the way this week is shaping up. Should be active for a lot of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0Z GFS an 6Z GFS had snow in the Canadian Rockies at the end of the run. Encouraging signs! Days are getting shorter...Fall is on the way.
Yep, that's what I like to see. The first signs of fall usually start in SW Canada by late August. Then that cool air continues to build and then work southeastward over time.

WPC already coloring Raleigh to Wilkes to upstate SC for flooding in a few days. Time to clean those ditches and debris

Actually a marginal risk for severe Today too models show large hail threat Greensboro area to Charlotte

130 actual temp in Deathe Valley yesterday! Sounds funner

Thunderstorm I’m going indoors folks watch out s/e hell is coming

Back