• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August '22

I hope we can get the actual real albeit weak sfc low along the inverted trough Friday into Saturday. Would really help get a decent amount of rain into the area

Gfs saves what would be a stagnant muggy pattern with the ridge north of AKgfs_z500a_nhem_34.png

If you remove that and bridge the PNA ridge east across the northern US this flood from first front to 86-92 with dews 65-75

Really hoping we are seeing the end of Summer approaching quickly. First time I can remember in forever that week 0 high school football games in SC will be in the 70's with no humidity. If the models are to believed, we are switching to very east coast trough like pattern and even if we do switch back to more ridging, averages are dropping and will really drop by the first of September.

The last several years it seems like the seasons have been delayed by roughly 4-6 weeks compared to average. Winter has gone deeper into March and even April, Spring has gone well into June, Summer well into September, and Fall well into December. March and April have been below average, June has been below average, whereas August and September have been much warmer, even the first of October has been really warm at times. Then December has been well above average the last several years. This is the first year that the seasons have been aligned to past years with Summer cranking up in May, and what appears to be fall vastly approaching in August and September.

Really hoping we are seeing the end of Summer approaching quickly. First time I can remember in forever that week 0 high school football games in SC will be in the 70's with no humidity. If the models are to believed, we are switching to very east coast trough like pattern and even if we do switch back to more ridging, averages are dropping and will really drop by the first of September.

The last several years it seems like the seasons have been delayed by roughly 4-6 weeks compared to average. Winter has gone deeper into March and even April, Spring has gone well into June, Summer well into September, and Fall well into December. March and April have been below average, June has been below average, whereas August and September have been much warmer, even the first of October has been really warm at times. Then December has been well above average the last several years. This is the first year that the seasons have been aligned to past years with Summer cranking up in May, and what appears to be fall vastly approaching in August and September.
This (current) cool down is really early (by average), but it could be the break of summer. As SD showed above, the GFS is hinting at more (stronger) cold frontal passages. And the CFS also shows cold fronts continuing to cross the southeast during the next 30 days. I'm sure we'll see more heat/humidity, but hopefully we see cool breaks continue from this point forward.

Hopefully most of the south is done with 90s until next year.
For KCLT, the most recent 90 degree high was back on 8/6. Right now the pattern showing on the models indicates that there’s at least a chance that it was the last one of the season. Surprisingly this would be only the 4th earliest last occurrence, but the earliest since 1981. The earliest last 90 degree temp was in 1917 on 8/2. Even with what’s showing on models, it would still be surprising to me for us not to see at least 1 or 2 more 90s before the middle of September. I always have felt like not expecting 90s until then is like going through a mild February and not expecting to see anymore freezes… you know they’re coming. If 8/6 is the last one for the year, it’s certainly a big change from the last few years where KCLT has consistently seen 90s into the first week of October.

Bottomed out at 59.7 this morning

Only .29" over the past 20 days and the creek behind the house is dry (again).

I was able to remove an old section of carpet, a few tires, part of a bicycle, and a full bag of trash from the bottom and banks though, so there's that...

Back