• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Arctic April

I'm concerned about Sunday in terms of severe weather. Mostly because this seems to be an overnight event for a lot of us.

There also a 2-4 inch swath of rain. May see some flooding Sunday/Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy moly look at the nam soundings for around Greenville South Carolina Sunday/Monday yikes
dadf0736a8d0183428749998045aea77.jpg

Thinking about chasing myself, but yet again Dixie is sketchy with fast storm motions, low LCLs, trees...

We might be able to chase locally here, actually. This setup is wild. The wind gust alone is enough to knock out power to millions of people. Add the possibility of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms and we have ourselves a recipe for some serious issues. If CAPE increases enough, all bets all off. Now is the time to prepare for power outages and tree damage, at the very least. It couldn't come at a worse time, but mother nature doesn't pick and choose convenient times for severe weather.

Would anyone know how it’s setting up to possibly chase in Georgia?

Would anyone know how it’s setting up to possibly chase in Georgia?

I haven’t seen or heard any talk from the Ga Mets yet. More normal severe thunderstorms possible etc... for Georgia it’s either comes in too late or dies off. My guess is it dies off once it hits Atlanta Metro. That’s just my guess for now.

Gefs shows the eastern trough backing away, and almost a similar NW flow pattern you would see in June or similar to what we recently just saw, but this is hour 384 so it’s gonna change B5E60E34-46EE-43E2-8C7D-F544EDAFED85.png

Back