• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Arctic April

In Southeast Charlotte, getting a little concerned with the training occurring.
Yeah I’m over in Union County and just got an alert after not paying attention for a couple hours. This could get rough in a hurry

B95AD27B-F9D1-4C87-9356-EACE4A9AD23A.jpeg This guy is a complete idiot thinks the big zone to watch is hickory and back near his “home”. Same fool that missed badly the last winter event calling 4” all around i40.

Currently 75... might be the warmest temp for the next 10 days, if you believe the wunderground long range. Doubtful though. One of those days will come up warmer.

View attachment 38740 This guy is a complete idiot thinks the big zone to watch is hickory and back near his “home”. Same fool that missed badly the last winter event calling 4” all around i40.
To beat it all he does school talks with children. I’m surprised Brad P even associates with him given his hiccups over the past few years.

When I was looking at the setup ahead of the morning MCS, this caught my attention, very steep mid level lapse rates, up to 8C along with elevated instability, if this is true, hail, including large hail would be possible E1FDCC89-79BF-4201-9C28-CC2586654F8D.pngE61FB3F9-75BB-4A1D-BA05-FA77FC87DBF6.jpegEA475AFC-F2A0-4FB4-A2F2-5BE9D61D6162.jpeg15113F4D-DAB7-4FCD-B3A9-882F409D363D.png

For North Georgia I think this line of storms is the main feature to watch. I am curious to see what this will do over the next few hours.View attachment 38753

The outflow bubble / cold pool from the storms earlier over Central and Southern AL/GA kind of worked over the atmosphere locally. You can see that as the small complex moving into Metro Atlanta well ahead of the main line fizzled out.

Should recover somewhat as the LLJ kicks back in, but the coverage/intensity of severe weather probably won't be as extensive as a result.

Back