• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Arctic April

Here’s a funny one. GEFS member with a little snow on the gulf coast...
On April 5th. :rolleyes:
View attachment 37925

Yeah let's all have a SouthernWX meetup on the gulf coast when this happens. Y'all in?

More seriously, if we're going to start out April relatively colder than normal, if we do go from bad to worse from the Coronavirus that's exactly what's not needed. I don't want it to be hot, but I would love to have consistent 70s and I've seen some CAD like days as possible. Blah...

Calm. Reality on the ground is much better than predicted by viral models. Viral models have failed. Models showed their hyper-over-activity. This will be over whether cold April or warm April.

I wonder if we'll have another random flizzard for the GSO/CLT area where RDU gets cold rain this April. Probably not though since the window seems to be closing for anything frozen.

Even with the trough associated with blocking, gefs has mean high temps in the 60s-70s, getting to a time of the year where cool downs aren’t so cold nomore 8AAC6970-D371-4814-A780-B74EAD89B01F.pngBA5435C2-1C7C-4389-8EBE-5C4F1155A695.png

This is actually not that bad from the euro, shallow ridge even with blocking but highs in the 70s, let’s see what happens from there 5D2B85CD-F7F6-43F7-88D4-9D20AE3F459D.pngBD459D57-108E-48E7-8535-1C7FCFAC5816.png

Honestly, I want a cool down already. It's been pretty warm at my house

Back