• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Thread

RDU is down to 40 as of 1 am and the point forecast IMBY is now 33. Going to be tight on recording an abnormally late freeze for the second year in a row. The record low tonight is 28, though, so that’s not really in jeopardy.
You mean fifth . If it wasn’t for last years bs this would latest in close to 2 decades . Severely overdue an early last freeze for once . Here’s to 0 freezes till December to balance this out , lost 20 ------- days of our growing season. Do you do anything else other than clap your hands in glee or something in your Subaru when it’s cold ? Grow some tomatoes and feel pain .

There’s no bigger cold lover than my friend in Pittsburgh . Even he is fed up with this crap . He dealt with a June frost up there couple years ago and a late frost last year as well now he woke up to 25. If he is mad you know it’s bad . He too plants a very very large garden every year

Last edited:
34.3. Close but thankful it didn't go lower.
Your area seems to be in sync with us . Where are you relative to Atlanta ? I noticed all the towns west of Atlanta were in low to mid 30s this morning and all the towns not on 85 as well heading east .

You mean fifth . If it wasn’t for last years bs this would latest in close to 2 decades . Severely overdue an early last freeze for once . Here’s to 0 freezes till December to balance this out , lost 20 ------- days of our growing season. Do you do anything else other than clap your hands in glee or something in your Subaru when it’s cold ? Grow some tomatoes and feel pain .
Don’t worry, as warm as our Octobers have been recently, we’ll get those 20 days back on the end…seriously though I am tired of this. I’m so ready to plant my garden. At this rate I’ll be lucky to have corn by the 4th of July and that’s ridiculous

Your area seems to be in sync with us . Where are you relative to Atlanta ? I noticed all the towns west of Atlanta were in low to mid 30s this morning and all the towns not on 85 as well heading east .
I’m halfway between Atlanta and Chattanooga. Just north of Adairsville. Prime radiating territory in the Great Valley with lots of hills around.

Did you appreciate it ? I know plants sure do !
I don't have anything planted yet that it will hurt, grass had greened up nicely and I'm sure it will certainly kill some of that back. Now if we get one after this weekend, it will be a different story

Back