• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Thread

Another frost advisory in the suburbs here tonight... I keep thinking it'll be the last one but yet they keep happening ? someone joked here if it gets cold again they will put the tree back up lol which is funnier considering Christmas almost hit 80...

And of course, the models are trending stupid again for early next week...

Freeze warnings just one county to my west and north. If winds die down soon enough gonna be a freeze here in the morning. How cold and how long is key, hoping winds stay up most of the night
My predictions:
Your home: Goes below freezing at 11 tonight and hits 26. Breaks freezing at 8:38
Shane: Goes below freezing midnight. Hits 26. Breaks freezing 8:30
RDU: Goes Below freezing 4. Hits 31. Breaks freezing 8:11
Roxboro: Goes below freezing at 10. Hits 24. Breaks freezing at 9:03
Charlotte:39
Greensboro: 35

Literal tragedy. Winds die down at sunset thats how it goes.

My predictions:
Your home: Goes below freezing at 11 tonight and hits 26. Breaks freezing at 8:38
Shane: Goes below freezing midnight. Hits 26. Breaks freezing 8:30
RDU: Goes Below freezing 4. Hits 31. Breaks freezing 8:11
Roxboro: Goes below freezing at 10. Hits 24. Breaks freezing at 9:03
Charlotte:39
Greensboro: 35

Literal tragedy. Winds die down at sunset thats how it goes.
That's bold and hopefully way off but if those winds die down, it may reach those levels easily. Already lighter winds out there now and temp down to 53, good grief

Made it up to 75*F at DFW again today. It was mostly suuny through early afternoon, before high/mid-level cloud debris from upstream convection moved in and thickened.

Should be back in the 80s starting tomorrow until at least Saturday.

Good luck guys. I’m thinking another mid 30s night here. I’m getting my garden planted come hell or high water this weekend. It can’t keep up forever.
Me too! Glad I haven't yet though, down to 41 already with no wind.... gonna be frosty in the morning

RDU is down to 40 as of 1 am and the point forecast IMBY is now 33. Going to be tight on recording an abnormally late freeze for the second year in a row. The record low tonight is 28, though, so that’s not really in jeopardy.

Back