• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Thread

RDU bottomed out at 34 so on the books it’s last freeze will still hold late March . Total bull crap though because in reality anywhere not in an airport or city did freeze
29 at the official reporting site in Burlington. ☃️

Not sure what it got down to IMBY, but probably was close to freezing here in suburban Durham.

I see Roxboro kicked our ass, but what else is new?

Don’t worry, as warm as our Octobers have been recently, we’ll get those 20 days back on the end…seriously though I am tired of this. I’m so ready to plant my garden. At this rate I’ll be lucky to have corn by the 4th of July and that’s ridiculous
Still can get below freezing yet. In 1989, GSP got down to 31 on May 8. 28 in Asheville that same morning.

Pretty impressive temperature gradient.

OKC's in the low/mid 90s while NW Arkansas is in the upper 50s and low 60s.

Still can get below freezing yet. In 1989, GSP got down to 31 on May 8. 28 in Asheville that same morning.
Yeah I remember that was right after the tornado outbreak on May 5… I think there was some northwest flow snow in the NC mountains as well

Looks like RDU got down to 36 that morning, but May 10, 1977 got down to 31. 1977 was quite the year.

RDU also recorded snow flurries on May 2, 1939. Roxboro, of course, recorded measurable snow from that one. ☃️

DF491148-2BFC-4943-8513-5BCC5144C126.png

Yeah I remember that was right after the tornado outbreak on May 5… I think there was some northwest flow snow in the NC mountains as well
The May 1992 snow in the mountains was pretty wild, too!

Yay, a no active severe season because you want stay inside weather !!
It's probably not going to be active anyway. For whatever reason, the deep south into the TV Valley up through the Mid-Atlantic seem to be the favored areas the last few years. We get the 7-10 split with dynamics or CAPE-killing debris showers or unfavorable nocturnal timing.

And if you're staying inside with temps in the low 70s and dew points in the 40s/50s, you got something wrong with you.

Back