• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry April Fools? (1-2) Surprise Storm

I always hear the warm ground argument in the Spring and Fall when it comes to accumulating snowfall predictions. However, I will throw this out there for thought..... If warm ground temps are such a factor, how can you get frost covering the yard with soil temps in the 50's? I have had several frosty mornings this past week or so, and another one just this morning.

Frost typically forms on the leaf blades, sticks, twigs, etc that are above the ground and can cool down quicker whereas snowflakes typically settle between the grass blades and on the top surface of the soil. That would be my best guess.

well if the moisture north west of New Orleans expands it could bring snow for many on the western fringe..with mountains seeing it first

the birds are in breeding with no more hard freezes they did tell me a lot will see sleet given the dry air before rain becomes dominant.snow will be localized and heavy

What are the birds to up in the GSP/CLT areas right now?? I can only assume mass chaos is in store!
I have a suet feeder, and they ate a whole suet cake today, that’s the fastest I’ve ever seen!

And also we literally go from this, to 80 degree weather with diurnal convection developing off the lee side of the mountains then moving west next weekend >, lol, hope that -NAO can go away

The warm nose doesn't disappoint
c866bd882b78423f580a6f614f864bba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back