• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe April 6-8th severe threat

That MCS is still going strong. Don't see why there's no severe warning on it though cause it looks like there's still high winds in it.
Screenshot_20190406-202825_RadarScope.jpgScreenshot_20190406-202818_RadarScope.jpg

A little rotation is trying to happen along the line. Maybe a quick spin up.Screenshot_20190406-205111_RadarScope.jpg

Forget the threat of tornadoes tommorow, these soundings support very large hail (2in+) and damaging outflow winds, I’d be worried about my car/truck or roof tommorow, these CAPE values will be ridiculous tommorow, somebody could see a 5000 jkg somewhere, otherwise 2500-4500 jkg seems likely, this is what’s allowing very large HGZs B83D8D8E-23C8-43D5-8B92-D26A63139DB2.png

Forget the threat of tornadoes tommorow, these soundings support very large hail (2in+) and damaging outflow winds, I’d be worried about my car/truck or roof tommorow, these CAPE values will be ridiculous tommorow, somebody could see a 5000 jkg somewhere, otherwise 2500-4500 jkg seems likely, this is what’s allowing very large HGZs View attachment 18529
Wheres that sounding at?

NAM shows near 5000 jkg of SFC cape tommorow in Louisiana, with a environment like that those storms are going to be really tall/have giant updrafts, that also means the chance of strong downbursts in those storms tommorow, in my experience here in NC, most of the time I get microbursts with 2500+ jkg of SFC cape along with 700+ jkg of DCAPE, all it really takes is a strong updraft due to big amounts of CAPE
44B8C972-C433-43D5-A8D8-D74C5245FFFF.png

NAM shows near 5000 jkg of SFC cape tommorow in Louisiana, with a environment like that those storms are going to be really tall/have giant updrafts, that also means the chance of strong downbursts in those storms tommorow, in my experience here in NC, most of the time I get microbursts with 2500+ jkg of SFC cape along with 700+ jkg of DCAPE, all it really takes is a strong updraft due to big amounts of CAPE
View attachment 18532
Good grief. ? that's like storms in the plains.

3k nam shows no convection contamination on the gulf coast for monday which means the LLJ can take full advantage of pumping in moisture For that day.

Back