• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/4-6 possible severe wx

RAH posted this on Facebook.

The severe threat continues this evening, mainly for far southeastern Cumberland and Sampson County #NCwx through 10pm. Interestingly, we are seeing some lightning strikes well north of the main storms, even approaching the US-1 corridor in central NC.

I know futurecast sucks but Raleigh gets slammed after midnight. Who knows

This must be said. Stormsfury's image of the mushroom hail is so cool. So cool. I always knew there was a mushroom kingdom up in the sky, but now I've got real proof for those MFers at NOAA. Great pics! Anyone seeing any lightning strikes from the west of the Murder Beach area?

Storms firing up for Lenoir. Ashe County been getting hit all day with heavy rain still going.

Find it amazing how that lightning shot on the iPhone almost had the same quality as the DSLR, iPhone 6/7 cameras are pretty good

Looks like some hail developing south/west of Hickory NC. With snow above 5,000ft.

Another hail storm near Reidsville NC Northern piedmont

Back