• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/18/20 - 5/23/20 Upper Low Flooding & Severe Threat

Storm weakened on it's way in, but still got a little bit of pea-sized hail. Impressive considering I've seen one hail event in the past 5 years here, and we've had 2 in the past couple months.

Looks like all we needed was the sun to heat things up and give the spark for the storms.

Surprised GSP has not issued a flash flood watch like Blacksburg did.

Surprised GSP has not issued a flash flood watch like Blacksburg did.

Storms are moving pretty quickly, I guess enough so that they are not as concerned about flooding. I am much more concerned about numerous trees coming down this afternoon. Thankfully, I don't have any large trees in my yard.

Storms are moving pretty quickly, I guess enough so that they are not as concerned about flooding. I am much more concerned about numerous trees coming down this afternoon. Thankfully, I don't have any large trees in my yard.

Wow, good thing too. Just moved through here and big time rates! Don't have access to my station but I would guess 3-4 in/hr rates. If it were slower moving it would cause some serious problems. Some wind here but nothing major and no hail.

Back