• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/18/20 - 5/23/20 Upper Low Flooding & Severe Threat

Can see that boundary that’s dividing surface based cape from zero north of it to 500+south of it 6ECC1590-D68E-4D71-8366-E00DCE61E26E.png

Anybody got the 18z Rgem totals? Tropical Tidbits seems to be having script problems again.

Not on pivotal either. Probably collapsed on itself with the firehose tomorrow
I am surprised at how hard it's raining under this little skinny line. Imagine if the echos were yellow or orange! And the wind is blowing too.

Looks like wedge is winning tonight. Radar looks pathetic minus some heavy showers near Columbia SC. I was expecting more than drizzle. Some pavement is dry cold.

Looks like wedge is winning tonight. Radar looks pathetic minus some heavy showers near Columbia SC. I was expecting more than drizzle. Some pavement is dry cold.

A lull was always anticipated for the area. And those "heavy showers" are going to translate into a pretty good band later tonight. As far as the wedge is concerned, that was always a guarantee for this system. It's only going to increase totals, especially as the cut off low moves south tonight. You always repeat the same things as if it's a shocker. It's Tuesday, this system is supposed to hang around till Friday. Stop being so pessimistic and relax. We're getting some good rainfall totals without the threat of a major outbreak.

I am very thankful for this period of runoff and drying! Already over 4 inches for me and i really needed this lull. Also, feels like fall again, another bonus!

Radar returns have been unimpressive all day yet we’ve clocked 1.14” in Raleigh. I call this Hilo rain. Like being on the windward slopes of Hawaii where it just sort of constantly precipitates under the radar beam as opposed to discrete showers and you somehow end up with 2”-3” day in day out.

Congrats to Mount Airy NC for gusting to 43 mph today! So cold and windy. Mostly a good day other than drizzle.

Back