• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/18/20 - 5/23/20 Upper Low Flooding & Severe Threat

Gonna be a lot of Poweroutages in Charlotte with wet soil.

A pretty decent looking cell has popped up just to the west of here.

Wind's picking up and the clouds are moving in, but things are quiet so far.

You don't know why they had a watch for the Upstate? You've seen the radar, right?
That watch was 100% warranted. That line caused a lot of damage in upstate SC. Thankfully not too bad here though. There are only 2 wind reports on the SPC page now, but that number should rise a good bit. Based on a power outage map Cherokee county in SC has been hit HARD, I would expect reports from around south side of the Charlotte metro from the bow moving through there.

A pretty decent looking cell has popped up just to the west of here.

Wind's picking up and the clouds are moving in, but things are quiet so far.

The cell weakened and only grazed us on the southern edge with a 10 minute heavy downpour.

Just got several rumbles of thunder out of it.

Wow... is all I have to say. Winds had to be over 60mph. Thankfully, I was able to keep the power on.

Western TN about to get rocked lots of lightning with that piece of energy.

1857108663fe79b88801286e03748579.jpg

Supercell around orangeburg looks impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At work in Indian Trail, NC and watched as that bow came right at us. We had a quick wind burst of at least 60-70mph that knocked power out. Looks like a number of trees down around close by.

Rain ended up wrapping around it so I couldn’t tell if it went on to do anything

At work in Indian Trail, NC and watched as that bow came right at us. We had a quick wind burst of at least 60-70mph that knocked power out. Looks like a number of trees down around close by.

Yeah, it got downright nasty here. I can imagine there are trees down throughout the area. I haven't ventured out yet though.

Surprised to see Wake in the watch. Everything looks to be to the south, just like the other couple of severe threats we have had this year.

Yeah, I am surprised they had it that far north. Better safe than sorry, I suppose. Charlotte is quickly becoming a severe weather hotspot. I wonder if those storms depicted on the HRRR will come to fruition later tonight.

Back