• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/18/20 - 5/23/20 Upper Low Flooding & Severe Threat

It’s actually still raining and approaching a inch now. Maybe this morning batch saves us from severe weather later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any storms that do try to get going in your area could pose more of a flooding risk given the rain that’s already fallen.

.41" last night. It never fails to rain within 24 hours of me watering my garden. If anyone needs rain just let me know and I'll come water your garden for guaranteed rainfall.

I watered my grass on Saturday anticipating a chance for rain today, and of course I get .5" last night. No complaints here though.

A few storms already trying to form in central GA. It will be interesting to see what will happen today. I’m hoping for at least one storm.

Already 2.66 for me and we're just after kickoff! Crazy!:eek:

b9b2ced893d80b20b756690d07edb684.jpg

Environment must be ripe to. Look at the storms already trying to pop up and it’s not even noon yet.

238e3a54f3ddfc6996581540c817fb14.jpg

I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see these storms try to rotate. Especially if the environment gets unstable enough in the heat of the day.

Parameters are not there for tornadoes. It’s largely flash flooding expect initially some wind threat is possible today before becoming overly saturated.

7.88” in the Chicago area already. Surprised given it has a history of flooding there is no flash flood watch.

I am guessing the lack of a flood watch is partially due to how dry it has been over the last 2 weeks or so. But I am sure it's coming.

Sunny and humid here in Alpharetta. Makes me wonder if this will allow for stronger storms later??

Sun just came out here, should help to destabilize the atmosphere a good bit before the first round of storms.

Back