• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/18/20 - 5/23/20 Upper Low Flooding & Severe Threat

Never wish for severe weather it’s dangerous and damaging to people’s property. But I look forward to tracking it when it happens. Very unfortunate when severe weather happens though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we get storms on Friday, falling trees are going to become a major issue with the saturated soil.

I just saw that the 18z NAM wants to give my area almost an inch of rain overnight tonight. That would be a little surprising.

This reminds me of June into July 2013. That got off to a slow start here, but when it was over we had a TON of rain. The pattern broke with a SW moving MCS that produced many wind reports over both Carolinas and into GA.

First Call from me. Pink 5 to 10” including the town of Boone. Red up to 4” in Wilkesboro. Orange up to 3” to 4” Shelby. Green near 2” to 3” Winston-Salem. Blue 1.5” to 2.0” including Charlotte. ATTACH=full]41640[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ACA7734F-EC62-408A-802B-EBCA8F7CC0DF.jpeg
    ACA7734F-EC62-408A-802B-EBCA8F7CC0DF.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 66
1st NWS decision support briefing calls for 7 to 8” for Boone.

Already got 0.78” from this thunderstorm batch moving through this morning. Here in Pickens county

That batch doesn’t look like it’s in a hurry and it’s dropping lots of rain. I saw some radar estimates of over 2 inches in some spots and it’s not even noon yet.

That batch doesn’t look like it’s in a hurry and it’s dropping lots of rain. I saw some radar estimates of over 2 inches in some spots and it’s not even noon yet.

It’s actually still raining and approaching a inch now. Maybe this morning batch saves us from severe weather later

Back