• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/23-26 Severe Weather

Seeing talk ( nothing official yet ) on twitter of multiple fatalities in MS tonight, not surprising given the images coming out....

I mean I know you cant really go by early damage videos etc especially at night but images like this make you think its on the higher end.....

Sadly the death toll so far is somewhere between 14-21 depending on source with the tornados in MS last night....and that is expected to climb as the sun allows better search and rescue....

Looks like debris rowing and trees are hammered.....this is gonna rate high.

Last edited:
Morning Update as of 6:20am:
We can confirm 23 dead, dozens injured, 4 missing due to last night's tornadoes. We have numerous local and state search and rescue teams that continue to work this morning. A number of assets are on the ground to assist those that have been impacted

Downstream from the tornadoes, this complex transitioned into a powerful line of storms with widespread severe wind gusts in northeast AL into eastern TN, leaving about 50,000 without power.

some peak wind gusts;
67mph at Chattanooga airport
71mph at Knoxville airport
85mph at the Cove Mountain wind tower

1679751778764.png

I'm only now catching up and holy crap, MS got hit hard. And apparently we are not out of the woods yet, had to jump over to talk weather to see that Sunday could be troublesome too.

Back