• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/23-26 Severe Weather

Not sure anymore tbh.
For me I had looked at it a couple days back but really spent the last couple afternoons outside just enjoying the sun and had sort of forgot about it. Horrible situation

Reactions: SD
This is afternoon discussion for tomorrow from Bham

upper level impulse will move toward the area early in the day
Sunday, supporting weak low pressure along the front across
Eastern Louisiana into Western Mississippi. The front will begin
lifting northward as a warm front, approaching the Interstate 20
corridor by later in the afternoon. Very warm temperatures with
warm advection along with higher dew points moving north through
the day will support increasing low-level destabilization. This
will result in showers and thunderstorms developing pre-dawn down
south and gradually migrating northward through the rest of the
morning hours. Forecast soundings indicate a vertical profile
supportive of supercell structures due to strong wind shear in the
vicinity of the warm front with an initially more elevated
convective mode favoring very large hail, potentially up to golf
ball size. Additionally as we progress through the morning more
surface-based convection is expected near and south of the warm
front, which will support damaging straight-line winds. Due to the
wind shear near the warm front, conditions may support a tornado
or two closer to this feature. Winds will become southerly 6-12
mph. High temperatures are tricky as convection will be ongoing
across much of the area but expect temperatures to reach into the
upper 70s north with readings near the mid 80s far south.

This was a significant TOR potential day with a very high impact tornado. Event well forecast. Any idea why this thread didn't get any traction on this forum?
Unfortunately it might be because it happens so often now, unlike winter storms that get lots of discussion.

This was a significant TOR potential day with a very high impact tornado. Event well forecast. Any idea why this thread didn't get any traction on this forum?
was a follower almost everyday, up until a yr or so back. some ideas get pushed some got deleted. (not saying its the same now). So just skim once awhile for things like this tornado. I liked this site better than American, it was worse. your in the click or you isn't. think Ryan hall had some good videos on this event a few days back. Been on vacation and did follow this one .

For me I had looked at it a couple days back but really spent the last couple afternoons outside just enjoying the sun and had sort of forgot about it. Horrible situation
Same here. Enjoying outside and didn’t watch it much as the look for Alabama was very marginal.

I have wondered the same thing with the last few severe events. Thought maybe this forum had lost most of the AL/MS following of the past. Thanks for the TW reminder. I come to these forums in times of severe weather threat for more detailed info. This forum seems more geared to Carolina wintry wx. these days.

Finally looking at tomorrow evening. Not gonna be surprised if a large moderate risk is added across southern MS/AL. If the supercells that form can stay semi-discrete and not congeal into a multicellular mess, there is potential for big problems. Not only do you have SBcape over 2000 for a large area, but a crapload of directional shear with the 500mb vector out of the west. Watch storm mode and how much the LLJ ramps up in the evening. Not surprisingly the WRFs and 0-3km NAM light this area up around evening.

Back