• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2024 Tropical Thread

I think there will be a lot of storms this season but the good news is they mostly will be storms for the fishes as they re-curve away from the US.. With so many storms forming, I would think it likely SOMEONE in the SE will get hit at some point, however with too many storms it will cause a lot of upwelling of cooler water tending to decrease the intensity of the large majority of them. Our economy does not need a lot of storms hitting the US this season so let's hope they don't

I think there will be a lot of storms this season but the good news is they mostly will be storms for the fishes as they re-curve away from the US.. With so many storms forming, I would think it likely SOMEONE in the SE will get hit at some point, however with too many storms it will cause a lot of upwelling of cooler water tending to decrease the intensity of the large majority of them. Our economy does not need a lot of storms hitting the US this season so let's hope they don't
What makes you think most storms will be fish storms, when forecasters that I been watching lately shows more US impact, especially in a Nina?

Cansips shows a general eastern trough from June-Oct and a lot of the analog years are coastal runners/hard hooksView attachment 146959
This looks a good bit like 1995. Plenty of storms in the islands over to Puerto Rico, but all recurving away from the US. Opal finally did hit but it formed in the gulf.

Edit: If I remember right, Erin did cross Fla out of the Atlantic and made another landfall on the Gulf Coast.

This looks a good bit like 1995. Plenty of storms in the islands over to Puerto Rico, but all recurving away from the US. Opal finally did hit but it formed in the gulf.

Edit: If I remember right, Erin did cross Fla out of the Atlantic and made another landfall on the Gulf Coast.
1995 was very busy for the Florida panhandle. They had Allison in June that produced a lot of inland flooding in GA and SC, Erin in August that hit during RI cycle and then of course Opal in October

This looks like typical media fearmongering and sensationalism at it's best. Mother Nature gonna do what she wants. No way I would put a product like that out to the viewing general public. JMHO
Yeah that pretty much looks like the areas that are most likely to see a landfall any year

Back