• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2024 Tropical Thread

2024 coming in HOT

GFliI1HXMAAr9_E

Bout to get pwned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Today’s 12z GFS actually wanted to develop what looked like a subtropical storm east of the Bahamas towards the end of the month and move north between Bermuda and the east coast before merging it with a front east of New England. I doubt it happens but I think it shows how early things could get started in the spring as the Nino dies out. It’s definitely concerning when you see just how warm SST’s are in the tropics right now and even up into the Gulf. Stalled out fronts are going to have to be watched very closely for homegrown development possibly as early as April

Check this out. SST are at mid July readings in February in Atlantic MDR already.

Atlantic ‘hurricane alley’ sees ominous mid-July heat in February​

Check this out. SST are at mid July readings in February in Atlantic MDR already.

Atlantic ‘hurricane alley’ sees ominous mid-July heat in February​

I was reading about this the other. It’s why I think we might have an early start to the season. The GFS has already had a couple runs with a subtropical storm running up from east of the Bahamas to near Bermuda. Probably just some noise right now, but I think we might see some development in April

I was reading about this the other. It’s why I think we might have an early start to the season. The GFS has already had a couple runs with a subtropical storm running up from east of the Bahamas to near Bermuda. Probably just some noise right now, but I think we might see some development in April
You’re right, an early start is definitely on the table. Plus I think we could see our hurricanes and majors a lot earlier this year.

GFS has gone to the dogs showing Digital Snow in the winter. In its absence it now spits out Cat 1's. Be cool to see this and get some blocking extratropical phaser, dump a mountain blizzard heading up the seaboard. Like those occasional October canes tend to do sometimes

1708517357005.png

GFS has gone to the dogs showing Digital Snow in the winter. In its absence it now spits out Cat 1's. Be cool to see this and get some blocking extratropical phaser, dump a mountain blizzard heading up the seaboard. Like those occasional October canes tend to do sometimes

View attachment 146792
Obviously it’s 360 hours out so very unlikely, but it looks like a very strong subtropical hybrid storm… honestly if something close to that look were to ever materialize, move that high in SE Canada to upstate NY and increase it 1030mb and you could see paste bomb blizzard from the Carolinas to Boston

Back