• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2024 Tropical Thread Reboot

Not there on the 6z. Not gonna count it though, too far out to rely on individual deterministic runs. Gonna have to look at the ensembles here in a bit.
It's not there on the 6z because the 6z doesn't go that far out. Have to wait on 12z. But.....I'm an ICON fan and it performed unbelievable for Helene. I don't rely on 1 model but when we have Icon and GFS with a cane, we should pay attention. And I agree with ensembles. It's an important part of the data set. Icon and GFS in practically the same spot in the same timeframe on this run.

Last edited:
Not there on the 6z. Not gonna count it though, too far out to rely on individual deterministic runs. Gonna have to look at the ensembles here in a bit.
8 days away. So ops should start sniffing and ens members going up if legit. I dont want any of it. But will have to pay attn. Tons family in Valdosta area.

12z CMC pushes it back to the western Caribbean to try again in the future.....feels kinda biblical.....GFS is doing the same.. post it a minute.

gem_mslpa_atl_fh150-240.gif

I would expect anything that happens would go east eventually.... I mean it is October now. The season is rapidly ending west of Florida
Typically I agree. The seasonal trend has been for the big ridge to be set up over the NW Atlantic. The gfs and CMC are both solutions that could still spell trouble for the SE

Back