• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2023 Tropical thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how the 12z ends

gfs_mslp_pcpn_watl_64.png

It was north of the islands and further west at 06Z....probably gonna be a few of those this month, been quiet there all season

Is NHC for real? Is Philippe really headed to Maine????? I could have sworn I moved north to get away from tropical systems and the heat!!!!! Do ya'll have any advice on this storm? And of course it happens as I get a three day weekend and had plans to go to Caribou, Maine to see the leaves!!!!!:mad:

Is NHC for real? Is Philippe really headed to Maine????? I could have sworn I moved north to get away from tropical systems and the heat!!!!! Do ya'll have any advice on this storm? And of course it happens as I get a three day weekend and had plans to go to Caribou, Maine to see the leaves!!!!!:mad:
gfs_mslp_pcpn_neus_18.png

I think overall the models have done a really good job this year picking up on formation and decent on tracks. Models picked up both idalia and ophelia pretty early. The models especially the gfs also had a fair amount of fantasy land genesis that never happened in the 10+ day range. Phillipe has been the one to really screw the forecast accuracy up.

Also an impressive storm total for being an el nino. Good thing Franklin and Lee recurved like they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back