• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations 2023 Obs Thread

NWS currently showing an 8 degree temperature difference btw Gastonia Municipal Airport and CLT Douglas, ~17 miles apart. For what it's worth lol.

NWS currently showing an 8 degree temperature difference btw Gastonia Municipal Airport and CLT Douglas, ~17 miles apart. For what it's worth lol.
AKH radiated a lot better when I was a kid. That part of the county has really had a lot of development. I think IPJ is the new radiation cooling capital of the metro.

40 degrees in Greensboro Coliseum parking lot. Ill probably be here next hour to report updted obs lol

39 degrees.
Crazy it is 43 here. Just took the dog out and enjoyed a proper "sleet shower" of my own. Possibly a few token flakes mixed in to boot?!! Guess I'm gonna crack open a bottle of wine and see if we can another band to move through. At this point I'm desperate and sleet is a win!!!

It is a very chilly 41 degrees and light rain atm. I am certain if rates increased there would be more of a mix factor here. Still kinda fun though, CLT has miserably struck out this Winter. Hope you all 30-60 miles North get a nice surprise.

27.7 was the low but thanks to the wind very little frost. I have a feeling the bottom drops out tonight and finishes everything.

Back