Observations 2023 Obs Thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Um, according to the NWS? At KATL 80 is the February record.

2/22 and 2/24 in 2018 each had a high of 83*F (you can verify this for yourself on FFC's climate records page).

So either you're misinterpreting what FFC said in that tweet, or FFC is mistaken. More than likely, it's the former.

Regardless, 80*F is not the all-time record high for February in Atlanta.

2/22 and 2/24 in 2018 each had a high of 83*F (you can verify this for yourself on FFC's climate records page).

So either you're misinterpreting what FFC said in that tweet, or FFC is mistaken. More than likely, it's the former.

I believe you're looking at the "Atlanta area" on there and not the actual KATL which is the airport. I've attached a table of the monthly highest temperature at KATL that's sorted for February. As you can see 80 is the highest.

february atlanta.PNG

Reactions: NorthDFWwx

It's out of all of the times a high temperature has been recorded, not all of time. It is warm but dewpoints are in the upper 50's to low 60's so not too unbearably humid, yet. Not a bad run at the records this week! Could we break the record high again tomorrow? Probably.

Reactions: Avalanche
I believe you're looking at the "Atlanta area" on there and not the actual KATL which is the airport. I've attached a table of the monthly highest temperature at KATL that's sorted for February. As you can see 80 is the highest.

View attachment 133496

I've been mistakenly looking at Athens and not Atlanta. ?‍

That's definitely my bad. I apologize.