• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd share some Weatherstation tips I've been messing around with and have working. Not sure how many of you guys use all the tempest smart features. I linked all these to my other smart devices using IFTTT app.

1. Sprinkler turns on for my garden when my UV index gets to a certain point and runs for a half hour.

2. Smart bulbs turn red on select lamps when lightning is detected within 20 miles. Also have so colors and scenes set up for a wind gust, maybe one day I'll get one.

3. I use window AC to supplement my regular AC in bedrooms. I have them set up to turn on when my backyard hits 94 right now.....screw you summer.

4. Pool pump will also turn on based on sunlight intensity, but keeps its regular schedule as well.

I'm sure there are more things you can do but this is what I've got going the past few weeks. It's really not difficult to get going. My wife calls me a nerd but whatever haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back