• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold rain CAD? ? .. in all seriousness though this would be lovely weather and a good retreat from the humidity we’ve had to deal with this summer
I personally love cold rain in late October/November. IMO, November 2018 was awesome! It's when there's a SE Ridge warming the mid and lower levels during the winter when it's crappy.

Seems like late August to mid October is the most boring weather of the year minus the tropics.

^^^Facts.

But as Earth, Wind and Fire would say : "Never was a cloudy day"

I should have voted for Sunsational September. :cool:

True, lots of country ish areas up north.
Actually I don’t base southernerness on how country an area is , especially since the south is the most populated region. Here’s my criteria

1. names of places must be southern ( confederate generals and ----)
2. Vegetation is southern
3. People consider themselves southern , this can be seen in names of stores and brands . Saw lots of Dixie this , southern comfort that on top of the usual Southern apparel people wear. Saw a cooters as well in luray I think , on top of more confederate flags than I seen even here . Prolly biggest one here , what people associate themselves with .
4. Accents not really, I heard Southern accents there but I don’t consider that a criteria anymore because of the changing nature of the Southern accent today.
5. Food is southern

Virginia met all of that . They consider themselves southern , not me considering them that alone!

Actually I don’t base southernerness on how country an area is , especially since the south is the most populated region. Here’s my criteria

3. People consider themselves southern , this can be seen in names of stores and brands . Saw lots of Dixie this , southern comfort that on top of the usual Southern apparel people wear. Saw a cooters as well in luray I think , on top of more confederate flags than I seen even here . Prolly biggest one here , what people associate themselves with .
4. Accents not really, I heard Southern accents there but I don’t consider that a criteria anymore because of the changing nature of the Southern accent today.
5. Food is southern

Virginia met all of that . They consider themselves southern , not me considering them that alone!
I go by geography when defining regions and geographically VA is too far north to be in the south.

5. Food is southern

I see you put a lot of thought into this. :p

Do you consider Loudoun, Fairfax and Arlington Counties southern?

What about Miami? Oklahoma City? Louisville?

For me, as a general rule, any place that's located in the Subtropical Climate Region is also part of the South.

I see you put a lot of thought into this. :p

Do you consider Loudoun, Fairfax and Arlington Counties southern?

What about Miami? Oklahoma City? Louisville?
If Northern VA is the south, then I guess STL and KC are also since they are the same latitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back