• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Duke actually lost (knew the game was close but it wasn’t one I was focusing on). My my.

The crazy thing is they were apparently only favored by 7 to start with against a mid major that hadn’t won a game vs a power 5 school…until tonight.

Hate cold mornings in September. West Virginia had their first frost yesterday

ughhh up early some do some case studies on tornadoes ? and stagnant air masses (trying to see what specific connections can be made in the wilkes/Iredell tornadoes and the recent Virginia tornadoes from Ida. And what years are similar and how extended mid range tornado zone forecasts can be made and on what level (size of watch)

from a communication stand point I don’t understand why the spc doesn’t just issue tornado watches standard at 8am for most of the day to give larger notices like with hurricane watch.instead it’s annoying trying to work with them DURING the event or radar watching.I mean in most cases we already know who will be in the right front quadrants of tropical systems or even in general severe weather we can at least send out notices to the MAIN area and just add/remove later. With TS Frank I was tracking beans on radar around Charlotte with no watch or anything in place over the foothills even tho we knew these discrete storms were being rotated n/w into the right front quad to the point we had the tornado on the ground with no warning until sheriff called it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back