• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's about the size of the gullies getting washed from my .08 today. I'm interested to see the drought monitor tomorrow but I doubt it changes they are incredibly slow to react
.15 here, that pink dot 4.3 miles away, 1.22
Screenshot_20210901-211208_RadarScope.jpg
pajama-day-kid-58b8c9345f9b58af5c8c717d (2).jpg

• Sad
Reactions: SD
It is at least a few times.
That's interesting. Amazon really screwed with the whole small parcel delivery model with their same day, next day, 2 day service levels. Now FDX and UPS are playing catch up since their historic model was geared toward truck/train transit but most consumers expect the Amazon SLs regardless of origin/destination point. We've noticed more FDX and UPS flights into and out of RDU so likely as the plane from ONT, MEM, IND, PHL, BUF, SDF(3 planes some days) lands at RDU and gets unloaded they may be running more trucks at less capacity to meet consumer expectations. Realistically with the volume done by Amazon, FDX, UPS each day/year the loss to drive to the same neighborhood is such a small fraction of their margins they just don't care.

As for the logistics it's still pretty awesome I can order something for Europe today and get it tomorrow, or send something to Asia today and it would arrive in 2 days. Some of the new automation they are working on in their sorting hubs and centers is next level

Check out “Malice in the Palace” on Netflix. Documents everything leading up to and after the 2004 brawl between the Detroit Pistons and Indiana Pacers. 5 stars

QqGkwGU.gif

It hasn't been too bad outside in the evening lately. Just wish that consistently cool weather is closer than it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back