• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between Henri approaching NY and this is their last week of summer before school, I believe every yankee was in RR this morning. My goodness, drive thrus for Dunkin, Starbucks, McDs, Chic fil a, everywhere out in the highway....insane!
I’m sorry you had to go through that. We should put a border wall on 95 south of DC .

I’m glad I got to see the ?this summer before Henri comes and knocks it down

You know, I have gotten to the point where I just mute the weather channel. They are literally talking to its viewers as if they are five years old.

The Weather Channel: “The track matters, we have all the ensembles up and the track maters. If it’s further to the east the wind and surge will be further east”

Me: You got to be kidding me…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I have gotten to the point where I just mute the weather channel. They are literally talking to its viewers as if they are five years old.

The Weather Channel: “The track matters, we have all the ensembles up and the track maters. If it’s further to the east the wind and surge will be further east”

Me: You got to be kidding me…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same with covid and everything in the US. Education sucks so there you go. It’s all about looks and money.

Hot take kinda bored with Gulf Storms. Every Storm same discussion.....

1. The shredder will destroy it
2. Looks like it might avoid the highest elevations.
3. If it gets away from xxxxx land....bombs away!
4. It's trending West....No it's trending east
5. Every storm the past few years RI up until Landfall.

I guess because there's been so many recently.

Hot take kinda bored with Gulf Storms. Every Storm same discussion.....

1. The shredder will destroy it
2. Looks like it might avoid the highest elevations.
3. If it gets away from xxxxx land....bombs away!
4. It's trending West....No it's trending east
5. Every storm the past few years RI up until Landfall.

I guess because there's been so many recently.
Rates will overcome
-Ground temps
-Sun angle

Is there a difference between what radar return colors use to be vs what they are now? Had a blob of red come down on me last night and it was just light rain (winter type variety). Once upon a time that kind of radar return meant downpour.

What the radar shows for me tends to work out to be the general conditions seen. But YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back