• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? You are missing the point here which is heavy commercialization of the islands is causing us to lose them. You won't have any island to generate tourism revenue...come on mets you're better than that, don't misconstrue my post into something it was not suggesting!
I'm really not interested in this debate tbh but your post I responded too implied that low-wage service jobs weren't valuable enough to try to save.

I'm really not interested in this debate tbh but your post I responded too implied that low-wage service jobs weren't valuable enough to try to save.
Oh, the implication I was really going for is the islands became more expensive, people working those jobs aren't most students, its literally one of the only jobs people from places like Hyde and Tyrrell counties have as an opportunity. You have people having to commute 50 miles to work a low-wage job that won't even afford them the chance to live near the job they have.

Oh, the implication I was really going for is the islands became more expensive, people working those jobs aren't most students, its literally one of the only jobs people from places like Hyde and Tyrrell counties have as an opportunity. You have people having to commute 50 miles to work a low-wage job that won't even afford them the chance to live near the job they have.

Living near the beach is a privilege not a right. If someone doesn’t like a job they can look for a different one. I might be missing your point here.

Living near the beach is a privilege not a right. If someone doesn’t like a job they can look for a different one. I might be missing your point here.
Yes living near the beach is a privilege , a privilege only some afford . A privilege that is destroying the beach itself . What privilege will they have if the beach is not there ? It bothers me we have to spend money to save the private homes of rather wealthy people so that they can enjoy their privilege . Point of all my posts is the current situation is not sustainable or fair . We need compromise or we lose it all. Tourism houses jobs all of it.

Yes living near the beach is a privilege , a privilege only some afford . A privilege that is destroying the beach itself . What privilege will they have if the beach is not there ? It bothers me we have to spend money to save the private homes of rather wealthy people so that they can enjoy their privilege . Point of all my posts is the current situation is not sustainable or fair . We need compromise or we lose it all. Tourism houses jobs all of it.
So what do you think needs to happen? I don’t see what wealth as to do with it.

So what do you think needs to happen? I don’t see what wealth as to do with it.
American taxpayer dollars go back to helping save the privilege of the wealthy . Why should I and the vast majority of Americans not living in a fancy home on the beach pay for their life of leisure and privilege ? You can say oh but it generates money and tax revenue for the state but then part of it goes back to funding these peoples lives , instead of benefitting the masses .

I stated earlier what needs to happen , the current state of affairs is not sustainable . We need to reevaluate and plan for communities that coexist better with the nature of the area . That way we don’t permanently lose our beach and all the economic benefits of it , and of course people can still continue on living there , and we are no longer spending tons of money to fight a losing battle . There’s 8 billion people on earth , not enough earth for us to all live lavishly .

American taxpayer dollars go back to helping save the privilege of the wealthy . Why should I and the vast majority of Americans not living in a fancy home on the beach pay for their life of leisure and privilege ? You can say oh but it generates money and tax revenue for the state but then part of it goes back to funding these peoples lives , instead of benefitting the masses .

I stated earlier what needs to happen , the current state of affairs is not sustainable . We need to reevaluate and plan for communities that coexist better with the nature of the area . That way we don’t permanently lose our beach and all the economic benefits of it , and of course people can still continue on living there , and we are no longer spending tons of money to fight a losing battle . There’s 8 billion people on earth , not enough earth for us to all live lavishly .
Alrighty.

True whamby post incoming.....
This weather is awful and I hate it, can't get storms. It's boring as hell, kids driving me nuts because she can't get outside......you heat mongers are lame.....that is all.
Whatttt , awww you don’t mean it ! We are the coolesssssttttt! What’s your preferred weather anyways ?

Whatttt , awww you don’t mean it ! We are the coolesssssttttt! What’s your preferred weather anyways ?
It's not like I hate warm(except in winter), being down near S. America last week and being reminded of what's nice about certain bathing suits I'm with you on enjoying that part. But for example I mowed yesterday morning my heart rate got to 170 by the time I was done with the push mower. That's the same as me running on a treadmill for 10 minutes which I do after most workouts. That can't be healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back