• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but SC outpaced us percentage wise . Georgia outpaced us percentage wise as well which is scary as they have a similar population which means their raw was still a lot larger .
Yeah I was just looking at Georgia and comparing it to North Carolina and it's crazy how close together they are. All those Georgia people are moving to Atlanta and North Georgia. In 20 years that's not going to be anymore peaceful mountains in Georgia.

NC added 900k, if I’m not mistaken it added 1.5 million between 2000-2010 so a slow down in raw numbers . I’d bet 500-600k only this decade at best . We grew by 18.5% 2000-2010 but only 9.5% 2010-2020. In terms of percentages that’s the slowest since like the civil war ! Hope .

Meh, the 2021 influx of new Yorkers and California's just made up for that.

I've also seen a lot from Ohio.

Meh, the 2021 influx of new Yorkers and California's just made up for that.

I've also seen a lot from Ohio.
Nah , there’s always been an influx of those groups . NC is becoming a pricier state , if your middle class Raleigh is become less and less accessible really fast.

Meh the below normal temps low clouds suck, even if I lived at the coast, wind is fun and all tho ig
I mean most TS suck for me too, im just dying for the big one that doesnt suck! Though ive gotten some decent wind and massive rain from storms like matthew. they dont compare though to what can happen

lmaoooo i reported one of my own posts in the 95l thread because I need help. I can't be shown that without weeneing out lmao. ahahah they banned me from posting in it till tomorrow! I bet it was @metwannabe he has been anxious to place a ban for a while lol!:p. Im dying of laughter rn!

reason for ban : being bigger weenie than brick ?

I hope no TCs happen close by, often it screws up our lapse rates for a week after if there’s still a nice juicy airmass , which mean storms have no lightning

Ok just checked and it is . Apparently frisco NC was the fastest growing . Went from like 200 to 900. You have to be kidding me , a tiny town on hatteras island ? That area is one bad hurricane away from becoming a new inlet lmao, you can’t build like that on an island that erodes like hatteras does but money talks I guess . Though perhaps it was an annexation. .
This current decade should be the boom, its wild what has happened in just the past 12 months on my end. The stage is being set for the metros and surrounding counties to become much bigger. Infrastructure(public transport and roads) is probably the only reason it didn't blow up this past decade. But I don't see a reason why the less populated counties really grow much, so more or less what you have been seeing with them. I also question our census numbers since there were some politically driven bias happening....But it's the best we have.

This current decade should be the boom, its wild what has happened in just the past 12 months on my end. The stage is being set for the metros and surrounding counties to become much bigger. Infrastructure(public transport and roads) is probably the only reason it didn't blow up this past decade. But I don't see a reason why the less populated counties really grow much, so more or less what you have been seeing with them. I also question our census numbers since there were some politically driven bias happening....But it's the best we have.
The state canned a bunch of road projects following covid , or at least delayed them . One of them was the widening of 64. I doubt it though, don’t personally think this decade grows anymore than the one before it . Less Americans moving around , less people moving to America , and the state has become considerably more expensive . We will see though. Why do you think there political bias at play? A desire to prevent us from gaining more seats ?

The state canned a bunch of road projects following covid , or at least delayed them . One of them was the widening of 64. I doubt it though, don’t personally think this decade grows anymore than the one before it . Less Americans moving around , less people moving to America , and the state has become considerably more expensive . We will see though. Why do you think there political bias at play? A desire to prevent us from gaining more seats ?
DOT was broke because of financial mismanagement but we have one of the largest budget surplus's(extra 7bil+ next couple years) in history stacking up right now, because of all the Covid/Fed money coming down and now the infrastructure bill is looming on top of that. Im seeing a lot of dormant DOT projects coming back and contractors getting busy again, they were stalled for a few years.The political part is just the same old crap drawing dividing lines in districts for votes(that favors one way or another), and I heard the census was cut a bit short due to the election in certain areas. But we are a battleground state so manipulation is expected unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back