• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But at least you always have an ocean breeze right ?
Curious, have you ever actually felt an ocean breeze? It's not as refreshing as you might think, the film it leaves on everything is so delightful...

It makes a huge difference.
True, we're (I'm) kinda talking about 2 different things I guess. An ocean breeze off a much cooler ocean will cool the temps but honestly it's nothing compared to the dry cool air behind a legit cold front. To me being on the beach, the breeze is cooler but it's stickier

Yeah you've gotten some real budget events in your life
Yeah , well I’ll always have December 2010 . Best snowfall of my life , and February 2005 or 04 can’t remember off top of my head . I was living in Charlotte at the time and I remember it to this day sledding down the hill in my backyard and dancing up and down as it snowed with my face plastered on the glass sliding door . We actually got that storm on VHS tape lol. I was going nuts .

Matthew was a decent hurricane here . I just need a good major cane that’s all. Give me hazel !

Yeah , well I’ll always have December 2010 . Best snowfall of my life , and February 2005 or 04 can’t remember off top of my head . I was living in Charlotte at the time and I remember it to this day sledding down the hill in my backyard and dancing up and down as it snowed with my face plastered on the glass sliding door . We actually got that storm on VHS tape lol. I was going nuts .

Matthew was a decent hurricane here . I just need a good major cane that’s all. Give me hazel !
Well you will probably get one in the next 20-40 years so don't hold your breath

For...........something tells me it's not hurricane conditions in eastern Wake County
It’s happened twice . Fran and hazel . Both had hurricane conditions inland . Avg return period was for major canes . So if a major cane hits Wilmington and rides inland good chance we can get hurricane gusts , even sustained as was the case with Hazel. Hazel managed 2 minute SUSTAINED winds of 78 mph all the way at RDU on top of 90+ gusts with a gust to 110 in Fayetteville and 120s across Goldsboro and Kinston. Don’t doubt me !

I wish we knew more about hurricanes from the early 1800s and 1700s . From descriptions of storms that struck the area there seemed to be some pretty nasty ones . Wind speed and rainfall data would be epic .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back